On Demand Call Out Times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SpartyOn

I’m currently looking for a job to stay locally in the DTW area. Some of the people I currently work with have applied to IFL. I know they’re a pretty good company but I have some concerns about the lifestyle. Could anybody tell me how many days you would realistically have off every month as well as scheduled off periods? Also I know they have a short call out time but I live about 30 mins from PTK and wondered if that could somehow work seeing as I’m not in a position to sell my house right now.

Thanks for the help
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/dmaynarich/photo/294928803965998763/2

I worked at IFL 10 years ago they wanted you in the bldg in 20 minutes for call out, someone correct me if I am wrong, but they also do not respect days off. If you get a trip coming up on days off that will not have you home for days off, you have to fly the trip. No make up days. Lots of turnover right now and that is why they are hiring.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head YIP, losing decent amount of captains too. There is no guaranteed days off, if the weekends are slow you can call in and TRY and get released for 48 hours. Most everyone lives within a 3-5 mile radius of ptk, if you are from that area you know how bad the traffic gets and theres no really quick routes to the airport. If I was that guy and already had the call out times concern I'd be looking into pinnacle, hell their upgrade is real fast right now though that can always change. Correct me if I'm wrong but 15-20 minutes seems to be the on-demand industry standard call out time, at the airport in 20 minutes, in the air in 60 from the call out.

These jobs take the fun out of aviation!

No there is still a lot of fun, the flying is really neat. Going to new places all the time. It makes you a great pilot.

Good flight time :D
Bad QOL :puke:

Pilotyip & Dickburns have the correct gouge.

Last edited:
well when your paying dues, cant really expect it to be all peaches and cream.
on-demand cargo
pros: great flying, better pay than most regionals, usually quick upgrade. not having to deal with pax. no need to shave or shower. showing up to work with a black eye and no one even cares.

cons: time off can be a question mark. old equipment. on-call. loading freight when its -20f.

i'd say goto a regional if you can survive on teh pay check. if not, see you in laredo.

Latest resources

Back