• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

On Demand Call Out Times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Were 30 min call out times for the FO and wheels up within an hour. I think Seirra West is 30-45 min wheels up time with no benifit if they make it. They just get in trouble when you miss it. Atleast Cherry pays us almost $40 for wheels up within an hour.

Is Sierra West the same as Pac-West (I hear that callsign alot), sounds like that sucks big time for them.

Really we tain for 45 minute block out from pager alert, maint preflights the airplane. dispatch files the flight plan and fuels the airplane, crew just reviews the flightrelease and goes to the airplane. We also have a 10 minute hot crew launch.

15-20 minutes seems to be the on-demand industry standard call out time, at the airport in 20 minutes, in the air in 60 from the call out.

Good time! Why would anybody even consider taking a job like that! Seriously, do you guys that work these schedules enjoy it? If you do then great, and more power to you, I certainly couldn't do it. In the Corps I could make a 3 minute quick turn, but it takes me 20 minutes just to finish a shower these days.

I work in the on-demand charter industry but we have a 2 hour call out (and thats only when we are scheduled on standby). I always thought that was the standard. When I worked 121 charter, we rotated on a hot reserve aircraft with similar block out times, but that was a sporadic and scheduled event.

Last edited:
They consider it because it pays better than just about any other entry level job. Then you trapped because you are making ao much money it is hard to leave.

In all honesty it is the worst job ever and I don't wish it upon anyone, like he said before you get trapped because of the money at first and it gets to a point where you don't want to keep bouncing sic job to sic job, rather just wait get the upgrade then move on when I have the time. Had I known how bad it was going to be I would have tried other flying jobs. But my company hires with considerably lower time than the other on demand operators so it was go fly a falcon with 800 hours or keep instructing, most low time pilots would do that I think. Then after about 2 years at it you don't want to make a jump anywhere, go low seniority somewhere again and wait and wait for a possible upgrade, whats worse the devil you know or the devil you don't know. It seems like the on demand operators down in Willow have the right idea though, they do have hard days off, USA Jet is 8 on 5 off if I'm right YIP? and Kalitta is 14 on 7 off I think also, last I heard from my friends there anyway, so you do get a little more free time there, and they seem to fly more than my outfit. Schedules like those seem like they can make the job much more bearable.

Is Sierra West the same as Pac-West (I hear that callsign alot), sounds like that sucks big time for them.

Their call sign in "Platinum West" I thought...after the owners wife, who is blonde.

Yea...The ondemand freight will make you a better pilot and put a little hair on your chest too. Who ever said it was spot on, the QOL sucks. There is no polishing that turd. Living your normal life can be a pain in the ass with that short of a call out. The money isn't half bad and thats how people end up getting trapped in the freight world.

Yeah Platinum-West, thats it thought it was pac-west for some reason, hey WMU, did you work out in ELP flying the cv640 out there, looks like you jumped to eagle with the saab and erj time, whats the story with those guys out in ELP, C&M? I know a few guys from michigan that went out there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back