• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Oliver Paul Reason Jr. Drunk & Fired

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have a little fun on the next trip you don't want to fly. Swagger and stagger your way thru the TSA's crack team of "profilers", enroute to the gate. I know, I know...... who could possibly deceive this fortress of security masterminds ???

Hovernut said:
You know, after reading this I realized that when I'm going through the checkpoint in uniform, more often than not the TSAgents often try to engage me in mindless banter about one thing or another. I wonder if they've been given a directive to pay extra attention to flight crews in regards to alcohol, or if this is just an individual's zealousness.

I'd make a few FFDO comments, but I think it would be inappropriate on an open forum.
100% agreement!

TIGV said:
Airtran just cost him a 60k+ a year job, they should not have hired him prior to the completion of his backround investigation, that being the case.

Can you say Lawyer ?
Holy crap, are you serious?

Dooshbahg You Rock !

FarginDooshbahg said:
Can you say TOUGH SH!T? SOB lies on his app and then thinks getting a lawyer because he was "hired" before they completed the background check is going to make a rat's a$$. THEY cost him a 60k a year job??? His careless and reckless diving that he tried to hide had nothing to do with it, I suppose? That's the problem with most people. Always pointing the finger and blaming others for their own fark ups. Typical. What a putz.

You too, GV for making an issue out of a cut and dried case.:rolleyes:

Nice ! I also like your handle, somewhat carmic even....

I don't like to respond to this sort of fishing but....

Nope he didn't lie on his app and nope he didn't have any trouble at the 3 regionals he has flown for.

I was pointing out that his dismissal seemed somewhat harsher in light of the fact that one can apparently command an Airliner while armed and under the influence. Might be this chap you should direct your angst against Dooshbahg, if the charge holds, there'll be an open spot over at Airtran for ya, well..... depending on the nature of any traffic infractions you might have had in college, best call a lawyer now eh ?

Oh, incidentally, for the rest of you folks, according to Dooshbahg we must all exercise extreme caution while DIVING, apparently he feels this is a most hazardous enterprise, frowned upon by the Airlines.

TIGV said:
I was pointing out that his dismissal seemed somewhat harsher in light of the fact that one can apparently command an Airliner while armed and under the influence.

The case involving your "friend" has absolutely NOTHING to do with the case of an AirTran Pilot allegedly reporting to work intoxicated. Even if you choose to make that biased leap to compare the two, then I offer this: The arrested AirTran Pilot in question had been with AirTran for 10 years and had no prior alcohol incidents (in or out of work). Your friend could not and cannot make that dubious distinction or claim.

As far as you incredibly ignorant comment which I have quoted and underlined above, lets state the facts. The first fact is that one CAN command an aircraft while "armed". Its called the FFDO Program.

The second fact is one CANNOT command an aircraft while intoxicated (whether armed or not has absolutely NO relevance). This AirTran Pilot was arrested, and if proven guilty will be fired..... (just like your friend....... since you seem so intent to compare the two).

BTW - How about letting your "friend" tell the REAL story rather than YOU telling us all what happened to him. Two questions: Were you there personally, and do you REALLY have the correct facts. The answer is NO to both of those questions.

FL717 said:
The case involving your "friend" has absolutely NOTHING to do with the case of an AirTran Pilot allegedly reporting to work intoxicated.
I don't see the correlation either.

FL717 said:
BTW - How about letting your "friend" tell the REAL story rather than YOU telling us all what happened to him. Two questions: Were you there personally, and do you REALLY have the correct facts. The answer is NO to both of those questions.
He does seem to have the inside scoop on this matter. Maybe he is his friend and his friend is he...he is the walrus...he is the eggman. Coo Coo Ka-joo!

TIGV said:
Nope he didn't lie on his app and nope he didn't have any trouble at the 3 regionals he has flown for.

Have you seen his app? Neither have I.

I was pointing out that his dismissal seemed somewhat harsher in light of the fact that one can apparently command an Airliner while armed and under the influence.

You have got to be kidding me. Have you ever heard of a concept called "logic"? Apparently not.

Latest resources

Back