• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Old School Toys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Schwinn Crate & Peel bikes with the springer front end, 5 speed with a stick shift, rear hand brake. I envied those lucky guys.

Lawn Darts

Crossman 760 bb/pellet rifle

A 4' long plastic aircraft carrier with foam jets that it would "launch"

A big tub of smoke-less powder that I found in the basement.

The go cart that my neighbor and I built from an old riding lawnmower.

It's been previously mentioned, but the Atari 2600 was the cat's ass at the time. Pong...Combat...Blackjack...[irish accent] I'm gettin all emotional 'bout it. [end irish accent]

aw, man, lawn darts!!!!! my aunt was a nurse and had 2 kids come in w/ lawn darts in their heads. grandma had to throw her lawn darts away after that :( that meant i actually had to talk to them when i visited....

My son just tuned 1 on Oct 10th. I have been surfing Ebay to find some of the toys I remember as a child. I was just looking at the Little People Airport I had as a child. When I find a good one it is his (or mine).

I have also come across the new version of the Green Machine on Ebay

( http://cgi.ebay.com/GREEN-MACHINE-TRICYCLE-HUFFY-NEW_W0QQitemZ6008986438QQcategoryZ11746QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem )

Same idea but made out of metal and with rubber tires. Pretty cool and it can support 180 lbs. I think I will have to cut out the donuts and drop a few pounds.

HMR said:
Arrow? I used to see those boards all over the place. That's a NorCal brand, right? When I was 14 I used to surf that beachbreak in Carmel underneath Pebble Beach Golf Course. Oh man, was that cold! Ice Cream headaches suck! :crying:

Yeah Pearson Arrow out of Santa Cruz. Back in the day S.C. was the closest place to pick up a decent board. Ocean Beach is starting to get good. I cream headaches are worth it if the waves are good. Do you still get to surf as a pilot now?

BushwickBill said:
Do you still get to surf as a pilot now?
I live at the beach in SoCal (just made a cup of tea and walked down there 15 minutes ago). I only fly 3-5 days a month (corporate) so I have alot of time for beach activities.:)

I've noticed a number of pilots in my neighborhood getting into kite surfing. Looks fun!

HMR said:
I live at the beach in SoCal (just made a cup of tea and walked down there 15 minutes ago). I only fly 3-5 days a month (corporate) so I have alot of time for beach activities.:)

I've noticed a number of pilots in my neighborhood getting into kite surfing. Looks fun!

Yup kiteboarding looks like its on the list of new toys. Good for all those blown out days during the summer. Sounds like you've got a pretty good surf set up. Thats my goal for aviation.

dangerboy said:
I remember I had a Tonka airplane that looked sort of like a Duke, with a handle and a trigger to make the props spin. Between that and my Millenium Falcon, I was fat, dumb and happy. Now I'm just fat and dumb...

I've got the same thing only mine is in FedEx colors. I guess you could say I've been livin the dream since Fred's Air Force was truckin around in purple Falcons............

p.s. for the guy looking for the little people airport, I think I've still got mine in my parents basement. If you're interested shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can find it............

Latest resources

Back