• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Old School Toys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know my life was changed forever when I got my first water balloon launcher. I guess it may not be considered old school, but man, I got to be pretty accurate with shooting at the neighbor kids and passing cars.

flyinlow67 said:
I also remember the original Flight Simulator. That sucked.

I was about 10 or 11 when I taught myself VOR navigation on the old Microprose Flight Sim on my Atari 800. Also taught myselft how to program in BASIC. Yes I am a geek.

Oh, yeah, I also had an Inchworm! That was my favorite.

Invader

Sort of a cross between the Big Wheel and the Green Machine. It had a blue seat and chrome handle bars. Those wheels sure slid well on the concrete if you got going fast enough.

TONKA!!!!!!!

Nintendo (atari was before me) - Contra being the best game ever

Way back before scientists isolated the NERF molecule, I got a really cool pump action bazooka that fired plastic balls about the size of a cue ball. My older brothers wanted to check it out (BIG mistake). They read that for low power, you pump it 3 times, for high power, 6 times. "Well, let's see what hapens when you pump it 50 times!" Exit two laughing big brothers, enter one crying little brother:crying: .

GI Joe Hovercraft, you could actually lauch the depth charges off the side.

I think the lawn darts were actually call "Jarts" came in a red and yellow box with two white rings as targets. Just saw a set at a garage sale in our neighborhood.

And of course all the Stars Wars, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi stuff we could get our grubby little mitts on.

Used to have a board game called "Dark Tower" that was a middle ages kinda thing with an electronic tower in the middle of the board. It had it all battles, plague, princesses. Never got into the Dungeons and Dragons thing though.

Cap guns that actually shot the old red paper caps that came in a roll.

i love micromachines. holy crap. i had like 82047 cars. how about matchbox cars? anyone mention those?

I'll show my age here.

GI Joe ( no kung-fu grip) with the pressure suit and capsule. Same GI Joe with the scuba outfit and underwater sled. That thing actaully worked and I lost one in a lake when I turned it on and let it go.

Captain Action. Same kind of toy as GI Joe but in our simulated combat as 8 year olds, GI Joe always won. And in one epic battle, Joe managed to tie a couple of Captain Actions (playing the role of "Charlie") to a post and burn them alive. Captain Action melts rather quickly as I recall.

TYCO SLOT CAR RACE SET....

I can still smell the "electric" smell as those little buggers would go aournd the track. Just isn't Christmas without a TYCO slot car set.

Latest resources

Back