• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OK I give up. Why do CRJ spoilers click instead of a smooth motion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
going from the 70/90 back to the 200. The 200 has to be the worse plane out there. Never seen so many limitation and waivers for an airplane. They can't phase this thing out quick enough

They click into place to allow the passengers to realize the jackass flying doesn't know how to plan his descent properly.

After riding on the 900's, it seems they eliminated the click.

On the 200's, all I did was just anchor my hand to the pedestal and ease the handle into the detents. It's enough to make you wanna choke a b!tch when riding in the back and you get someone that clicks them... thunk thunk thunk.... thunk...

Sounds like the technique I use when I'm with crj567's mom!
You should hear the noises that woman makes!

And what's the deal with airline food these days......

They click into place to allow the passengers to realize the jackass flying doesn't know how to plan his descent properly.

If it weren't meant to be used, the handle wouldn't be so big, and the thing would be so corroded it wouldn't move............ It's not a measure of poor planning, but a measure of efficiency. It takes cohones to plan ones descent to include the spoilers with no other way to fix the "poor planning" : ) The number one pieve I have is the ripping of the spoilers from full stow to full-pull and back in again. Gotta love peeling your face off the glareshield only to have it smashed back through your forehead with the stow cycle.

Also, as a passenger, I'd preffer the smooth application of the spoilers in the descent for a short approach as opposed to flaps 20, which seem to change nothing but the "angle of the dangle".

Latest resources

Back