Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abernathy

Truthiness
I've been wondering on and off why the CRJ engineers put the seemingly inexplicable "click" system in the spoiler system, making for unnecessarily choppy spoiler deploy and stow cycles? I've often thought (while staring out the window during the Captain's introductory briefing), about what the possible reason could be, and I have yet to come up with an answer.

So, I figured those of you who have more stripes than I do might know.

It's because it's designed by French Canadians! Forget Mesa, the French suck!

You can deploy them smoothly though if you don't just yank the handle and use it as an on/off switch!!! Brace your hand on the pedestal and you can operate them so you won't even feel the notches.

Not "you" personally but just in general....don't take offense

Last edited:
Why do captains like to yank on the spoilers like the e brake in their rice rockets. Pretty annoying. You can still be pretty smooth even though it clicks.

It's because it's designed by French Canadians! Forget Mesa, the French suck!

You can deploy them smoothly though if you don't just yank the handle and use it as an on/off switch!!! Brace your hand on the pedestal and you can operate them so you won't even feel the notches.

Not "you" personally but just in general....don't take offense

I didn't kinow Bill Lear was a Canadian.

After riding on the 900's, it seems they eliminated the click.

On the 200's, all I did was just anchor my hand to the pedestal and ease the handle into the detents. It's enough to make you wanna choke a b!tch when riding in the back and you get someone that clicks them... thunk thunk thunk.... thunk...

all I did was just anchor my hand to the pedestal and ease the handle into the detents. It's enough to make you wanna choke a b!tch

Sounds kinky... Maybe you should share this technique with the Gen. He could try it out on Ned the next time he gets back to LBB (prolly next week-that horndog has a rep.)

I believe there are multiple reasons for why the spoilers click. One reason is so they stay in position. Another reason is a from a human factors aspect. For the same reason that most of the knobs on the FCP have different feels to them. Believe it or not there is a subconscious knowing of 1 click vs. 6 clicks.

Latest resources

Back