• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ok ALPA WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Absolutely not. Didn't stop you from wanting it, though.

The ASA and CMR MECs wanted a single list "in accordance with ALPA merger policy"....Why do you continue to lie? Go back and look at the PID filing...

What's funny about this thread is I got put into bad standing for the "merger that will never happen fund" over $20. That we at comair had to pay on top of our normal dues.

Even funnier is when I get furloughed Jan 1st, I basically lose out on something that was supposed to help me to keep some lawyer on retainer for something that has a "snowballs chance in hell" of happening on something that our "useless MEC" put on us that we as a pilot group did not want to pay.. So if we somehow merge I will be stapled to the bottom of the new list. So don't threaten me over $20 bucks. Talking about losing your a$$ in a something that is supposed to help you. I think they call it the ol' nigerian buyback scheme or government health care as well.

I think if your furloughed you should get your money back. I could have had more fun wasting that money on hookers and booze and than what I have spent and been threatened over for this stupid fund at Comair or better yet I could have used that money to pay for bills on time for once. I speak for most of my pilot group on this one cause I'm not the only one that is in the same boat.

ALPA is a sham! I'm so disgusted with them. Don't give me the "you should have voluntered line BS." What's the use! Everyone is selling out each other. Just look at what with our most infamous MEC chairman that created our current situation over his ego did for Comair. That was before my time and I get stuck with the consequences. I got stuck flying with him for a trip and I baby sat him for 4 days. The guy knows more about counting the money he made of Comair's demise than he knows about actual flying. He's a horrible captain! I was still pretty green in the CRJ 70/90 when I flew with him and he scared me! He's on my no fly list.

ALPA is like the UAW. They are so entrenched you just can't get rid of them and they have brought many a company down. And you wonder why the US auto industry stinks. Obama should just buy the airlines up so we can have a future for the next few months. I have learned in my 3 short years in the industry that there is no unity with any of the ALPA pilot groups and unions do more harm than good.

The countdown to freedom has started! Jan 1st! I should have used my money to get my head examined as to the reason why I got into this business. And no I'm not some low timer, just haven't updated my profile in awhile. I have wasted 7 years of my life and busted my hump to do this job ie...training and nearly getting killed a bunch of times flight instructing for 4 years. I still work 2 jobs so I can be a "bus driver". It's time for aviation to pay me back!

I am sure I will attract some hate over this post. But the frustration level is at an all time high. I'm sure I speak for many. So flame away!

That right there is the problem. That put all the risk on the mainline pilots, specifically the junior ones. Nobody knows how an arbitraitor will rule. It could have been similar to relative seniority(lumping rj and atrs with the smallest mainline) instant homerun for asa/cmr. One, just one asa/cmr pilot ahead of a single Delta pilot would be a windfall. It has nothing to do with thinking a mainline pilot is better or not. These jobs are not equal(don't kid yourself) the mainline job is better, the career oportunities greater, not to mention most of the junior pilots had given up good seniority at a regional to get there. Y'all had nothing to lose by holding out for "in accordance with ALPA merger policy" stance. Had y'all been realistic (smart) you would have come to DALPA and offered up a staple. You may have got them on board(not saying that DAL could have been convinced). My guess is over 95% of asa/cmr pilots would have been thrilled to get stapled, however some of their leadership and a vocal minority made enough waves that any chance of working together was spoiled. This is just my opinion. I am former NW but I followed the saga both here and the ALPA natl. forum.

The ASA and CMR MECs wanted a single list "in accordance with ALPA merger policy"....Why do you continue to lie? Go back and look at the PID filing...

All a moot point anyway. Delta management would've opposed the merger anyway, and there was no case to force a merger.

Why would management willingly give up what was then termed a huge "cost-gap" between mainline and regionals?

This whole thing turned into a couple of drunks fighting over some chick neither of them had a chance of screwing. In the morning, both were covered in blood and vomit, with nothing to show for it.

SWING and a MISS!....I hope your flying abilities are better than your reasoning skills....And yours better than your negotiating skills! I have this silly belief that ALL pilots under a single holding company should be on a single list. Sure you do! Why wouldn't you. With your shaky background and record, you couldn't get hired, so why not sneak in without having to interview! ASA is no longer owned by Delta, so I don't believe, nor do I think it is possible, for ASA and Delta pilots to be on the same list. ASA is now owned by Skywest, and I believe that ASA and Skywest pilots should be on the same list...Then why don't you sue them asswipe? If Skywest were to purchase Cape Air, I would want them on the same list also....I don't care that they "only" fly those piston twins. But you would make sure they're below you on the seniority list, right?

Hard to be blackballed at Delta when I have never filled out a Delta application. Hard to fill out an application when you don't have the qualifications! You may find it hard to believe, but not all of us dream of putting on the infamous double breasted coat....Yet you sued to get that! Imagine that! I like my job, and love my schedule. Then why did you sue to get on our list? ACL played the "game"....I don't play that "game". No, you take home important union notes and continue your childish tirade from the safety of your computer keyboard!

You are right about one point....My career did not turn out as planned...Go figure, with that shabby record, how did you ever expect to leave ASA? I don't think many of us have had our careers turn out as planned...Many have turned out much worse than "planned"...I diverted to my alternate early and beat the rush....
So joey, why haven't you and the hand job girls at the rjdc sued skywest for "one list" and a proposed a PID? Then again, looking at Dan's future at Comair, he's probably spending most of his time looking for a job!

Last edited:
Buscap,

Your right the point is moot now.

Chuck U. Giambuso the Delta MEC gave away 55% of Delta flying to DCI. The Delta pilots will never see that flying come back to mainline. Their will always be DCI flying. We will just have to play the game to keep it.

Long Live DCI!

The other problem is the RJDC guys never had the skilset to keep the attention of DALPA.... Even if the idea is great.... presenting that idea as total tools ensures the idea won't be accepted.

RJDC guys lacked the social skills and emotial intelligence to move forward.....

The ASA and CMR MECs wanted a single list "in accordance with ALPA merger policy".....

The two concepts are mutually exclusive. ALPA Merger Policy didn't provide for a merger unless at least one of the applicable CBAs required it, or unless the company voluntarily integrated, so there was no possibility of a merger "in accordance with ALPA merger policy." Stop peddling that tired old line. It made no sense 9 years ago, and it still doesn't.

The two concepts are mutually exclusive. ALPA Merger Policy didn't provide for a merger unless at least one of the applicable CBAs required it, or unless the company voluntarily integrated, so there was no possibility of a merger "in accordance with ALPA merger policy." Stop peddling that tired old line. It made no sense 9 years ago, and it still doesn't.

Bingo!!!!!

Latest resources

Back