Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetflyer

Concerned Citizen
EVERYONE interested in the SUPPLY OF OIL, should listen to MATTHEW SIMMONS talk on JIM PUPLAVA's FINANCIAL SENSE NEWSHOUR on August 6th.

Matthew Simmons was an advisor to the Bush Administration on the Energy Policy. He's a REPUBLICAN, not a left wing wacko.

LISTEN to the program at the site below. His interview was on the SECOND HOUR. Below I've added the links to the audio formats.

http://www.netcastdaily.com/fsnewshour.htm

Select an Audio Format below to listen to Matthew Simmons about OIL SUPPLY Problems:[font=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]
RealPlayer l WinAmp l Windows Media l mp3

Jet

p.s. Oil supply problems are a big deal for all of us at every airline. Whether you work for Delta, American, United, U.S. Airways, Southwest, Air Tran, Frontier, Alaska, America West, Northwest, Continental, Comair, ASA, Expressjet, Mesaba, Mesa, Chataqua, Pinnacle, Skywest, etc. our jobs will be greatly affected if oil prices go higher than they are even now. Let's hope these guys are wrong!
[/font]

So he's a republican huh? Not a left-wing wacko huh?

This alone will cause me to discredit anything he says. Since he's a rightie he will say anything that furthers the agenda of the right to try and pump more and more and more oil out of the ground. Even making up claims that IF WE DON'T DO SOMETHING TOMMOROW WE'LL RUN OUT OF OIL!!!!!!!!!

Please.

Turbodriver,

You've got him completely wrong.

First of all: WE'LL NEVER RUN OUT OF OIL.

He even says that at minute 12.

He says we should try to move to other transportation fuels as SOON AS POSSIBLE.

He thinks we need to work NOW to LEAVE OIL.

Jet

Ok, in that case I agree with him.

Now, how exactly does he propose to do that with mr. oil man in the white house who doesnt want to hear the truth?

I think Bush is trying to do things now to address what he knows is coming in the next 5 years.

In 2001 he was pushing the energy policy. Then 9/11, so now we have an excuse to invade Iraq, with the 3rd highest oil reserves in the world. This also gave us a base of operations to secure the oilfields of the Middle East when these supply problems begin.

I truly believe he thinks he is acting in the best interests of the American people.

Unfortunately Iraq's oil production is down by 1 million barrels a day since we invaded Iraq. Not good! Plus too many of our troops are dying. I think his plan failed.

Now we're back to the energy policy.

Nuclear plants are a good thing, especially the next generation plants. The next generation plants (breeder reactors) create more fuel than they use, and produce no toxic waste that has to be burried in the YUCCA Mountain. There are going to be people disagree with me on nuclear plants. Let's not discuss if they're good or not please. I'm sick of arguing this.

Bush in the future will push CLEAN-coal technologies to gassify coal to make more transportation fuels. He will also push mining the Oil-shale in the U.S. These two solutions are good but cater to lobbying groups and are NOT a LONG term solution.

He wants to push bio-fuels from ethanol(corn) and soy, because the lobbying groups want these. These two bio-fuels are innefective biofuels (suspected to maybe use more energy to produce than they provide) and many other crops are much better, but these two crops have the strongest lobbying groups.

He needs to push Hybrid electric cars with electric plug-in capabilities that allow a car to run for the first 30 miles WITHOUT USING GAS. But the oil companies don't like these cars. One day in the next couple years, the U.S. can't cater to the oil companies or other lobbying groups any more. We're going to have to do what's going to get results.

Wind and solar are long term solutions, but they produce such small amounts of power now, compared to other forms of energy. Hopefully new technology breakthroughs will help these fields.

Until gasoline shortages, nothing productive is going to happen to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. When the shortages begin, America will finally get serious.

Jet

Last edited:
jetflyer said:
I think Bush is trying to do things now to address what he knows is coming in the next 5 years.

Are you kidding?? Bush thinking 5 years down the road, he can't even ride a bicycle without falling off.

The only thing that boy is thinking about is how to line his pockets and the pockets' of his buddies that got him where he is today.

Roscoe Bartlett, Republican Congressman from Maryland just gave a new speech to Congress, broadcast on C-SPAN on July 19, 2005 about COMING OIL SUPPLY PROBLEMS.

Here is the transcript. I highly recommend you all read it:
http://www.xecu.net/thorn/PO/PO-July19-2005.html

April 19th Bartlett gave this speech to congress. This is a good speech to read, with visuals.
http://www.bartlett.house.gov/SupportingFiles/documents/energyspeech.pdf

Roscoe Bartlett met with Bush on Peak Oil on June 29th. So Bush, no doubt knows about the coming oil supply problems. Here is the press release:
http://www.bartlett.house.gov/latestnews.asp?ARTICLE2900=7308

BARTLETT, regarded as one of the most CONSERVATIVE republicans in the House, strangely drives a PRIUS and DOES NOT BELIEVE WE SHOULD DRILL IN ANWAR. He even says he doesn't believe we should drill in ANWAR in the speeches.

Bartlett seems to be a good guy that thinks we should also "get off oil". His speeches to congress on OIL SUPPLY PROBLEMS are great reads.

Jet

Last edited:
LearLove said:
Are you kidding?? Bush thinking 5 years down the road, he can't even ride a bicycle without falling off.

The only thing that boy is thinking about is how to line his pockets and the pockets' of his buddies that got him where he is today.

Unfortunately I think you're right. All of his solutions cater to the powerful lobbying groups. None of his solutions are LONG TERM SOLUTIONS, except NUCLEAR power and bio-fuels which he is pushing now.

Let's hope long-term solutions are worked on soon.

Jet

Last edited:
It'll never happen until he gets out of the white house. You know it, I know it and so do the rest of us. And if you don't believe it then you're just plain ignorant.

Latest resources

Back