Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sigh....

Jimdandy said:
Your right about those fat moms in Excursions or in my case my fat a$$ wife driving around in her empty Excursion. People are so stupid in this country - sometimes.

We need a huge increase in the Gas tax(non-aviation). This will make people want to fly more and they will then buy more practical cars. With more practical cars we will have less dependence on mid-east oil and we can then let those idiots over there do whatever they want.

every penny of gas tax is a 1.2 billion dollar generator; use that money for the Bushs' defecit.

Oh wait this will never happened because we have a neandrathal in office.

I love it when people make fun of someone's intelligence (in this case the President of the United States) when they themselves can't even figure out how to use spell check.

There are soooooo many #'s floating around for ANWR drilling. I can guarantee you this, no oil company is going to go drilling for a 6 month supply of oil....do you people have any idea of what kind of costs are going to be incurred for an operation like this??

I gotta go with the General, B6, Bandit, and Blzr on this one....Start drilling now....who knows, they might even find a Neanderthal's remains up there!

Jimdandy said:
Your right about those fat moms in Excursions or in my case my fat a$$ wife driving around in her empty Excursion. People are so stupid in this country - sometimes.

We need a huge increase in the Gas tax(non-aviation). This will make people want to fly more and they will then buy more practical cars. With more practical cars we will have less dependence on mid-east oil and we can then let those idiots over there do whatever they want.

every penny of gas tax is a 1.2 billion dollar generator; use that money for the Bushs' defecit.

Oh wait this will never happened because we have a neandrathal in office.

Aside from it's other practical uses, I love the way my SUV pi$$es off busybody tax-loving social engineers who have no concept of what living in a free society means, and try to turn something as mundane as what kind of vehicle someone drives into a weighty, moral or political issue.

Sorry to break this to you, but burning jet fuel holds no moral superiority over burning gasoline just because you fly for a living, and an SUV-mom trip to the grocery store is just as (if not more) important than the zillion scheduled airline flights taking vacationers to Disney World.

I hope my choice of vehicle continues to stress you out.

Hey catyaak,

Well said! I really loved the part...."...drives into a weighty, moral or political issue." Isn't that just the truth.

And whoever said increasing our fuel economy by 3-4 mpg will make the Middle East obsolete, uh...yeah, no.... But I do like your idea of paying $3 a gallon for gas. If it comes to that, people will more than likely start buying more fuel efficient cars...Those that would rather spend that kinda dough for fuel are either gonna be loaded or skimp in other areas...such as hunting for neanderthals....that's a hobby isn't it?

Mugs said:
I thought I read somewhere that drilling in Alaska would yield at best about 1.5 million barrels a day. Look at how impressed the oil markets were by OPEC announcing a production boost. The amount we could get out of Alaska would not have a significant impact under the demand conditions we are seeing worldwide now.
I dont know where you read this but I read that there is a 30year supply of oil in Alaska. The six months of oil estimate was given out by the enviromentalists that dont want any drilling anywhere at anytime.

Not only will we get huge amounts of oil, but think about all of the extra meat we can eat---from those animals. I'll try an "Oxin' burger" at Wendy's please.....Yummy... How about a polar bear sandwich..... Sweet!

Bye Bye--General Lee

PS---The Senator lady form Alaska said today on the Senate floor before the vote that there was 25 years worth of oil--at the same rate as Saudia Arabia is giving us each year. We will be swimming in oil when this is done. I still remember in 1997 in ATL when I bought gas in Buckhead for 76 cents a gallon...

Last edited:
There's room for all god's creatures......................right next to the mashed potatoes.

For those who think there isn't much oil up there, lets just explore it and see. What exactly is the harm? If I wrong I will pay higher prices at the pumps, but dont you see that this is not just finacial. If we dont have to rely on Saudi oil then Saudi becomes a less powerful influence in the Middle east and on us. That would put more pressure on the Saudi government to get rid of the radical terriost in their country. It could actually make things much safer in the world. Many of you might think Im crazy but what do we have to lose by just drilling for our own oil. To me it seems like a win, win situtuaion.

51-49 just got approved. A closely divided Senate voted Wednesday to approve oil drilling in an Alaska wildlife refuge, a major victory for President Bush (news - web sites) and a stinging defeat for environmentalists who have fought the idea for decades.

We could pay for the drilling exploration by just offering hunting licences for $100 each, or $100 a head for "Oxin." We could probably pay off our national debt or secure Social Security by just selling hunting licences up there. And, Alaska Airlines will be the most profitable airline EVER.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back