Oil Pushing $60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B6Busdriver said:
I'm not sure what the actual numbers are but your numbers sound like Democrat talking points. I seriously doubt they are soooo desperate to drill in Alaska for a lousy six month supply. I read numbers that indicate there is a 30 year supply of oil.

I read 20 years worth of oil, at the quantity Saudia Arabia gives each year. I say "Do it, Do it."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Mugs said:
I thought I read somewhere that drilling in Alaska would yield at best about 1.5 million barrels a day. Look at how impressed the oil markets were by OPEC announcing a production boost. The amount we could get out of Alaska would not have a significant impact under the demand conditions we are seeing worldwide now.

Exactly, that's why I'm against it. These guys have such a hardon to drill there, but it's not going to amount to squat. Fat soccer moms in Excursions will just continue to waste it anyhow!

Your right about those fat moms in Excursions or in my case my fat a$$ wife driving around in her empty Excursion. People are so stupid in this country - sometimes.

We need a huge increase in the Gas tax(non-aviation). This will make people want to fly more and they will then buy more practical cars. With more practical cars we will have less dependence on mid-east oil and we can then let those idiots over there do whatever they want.

every penny of gas tax is a 1.2 billion dollar generator; use that money for the Bushs' defecit.

Oh wait this will never happened because we have a neandrathal in office.

Ted Striker said:
Exactly, that's why I'm against it. These guys have such a hardon to drill there, but it's not going to amount to squat. Fat soccer moms in Excursions will just continue to waste it anyhow!

Dude, I've seen some really fine lookin' soccer moms recently. The more I drink, the better they look. Oh no!! That's someone's mom! Bad Kharma, Bad Kharma.

I may be drinkin a bit from time to time, but dude, you must be smokin crack if you actually believe that Big SUVs are the problem. I like seriously doubt that soccer mom's impact on the overall petro price is significant.

Ted, are you like one of those peeps that like dump red paint on some chick's fur coat too? You need to take a chill, and join me in having a cool brewski!

Bandit60 said:
Drill in Alaska would solve alot of problems. Lower cost of fuel for us and would also make us less reliant on Saudi oil.

I dont want to hear it from the tree-huggers either.
DRILL, DRILL, DRILL

LOL. I hear ya. Im hopeful the bubble is about to burst and we will quickly get back to $41 a barrel oil.

"Some people say we ought to conserve more. They say we ought to conserve instead of producing this oil. But we need to do everything. We have to conserve and produce where we can," said Sen. Pete Domenici R-N.M., chairman of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee.

Give this man a cigar. When are we going to not only realize but pursue alternative fuels? This will be the biggest dissapointment future generations have of us.

how about we stop paying all those farmers to not produce crops that we cant sell, but instead pay them to produce soybeans or corn for biodiesel???

we have tons of land to grow things on that can make fuel for the fat soccer moms. and if they want to fire up the fry daddy for their fat little children, they can get a tube and siphon the grease out of the gas tank and have a tailgate fry party!!!!! corndogs for everyone

That's right, drain the US of it's oil first, so that down the road, we have zero oil while the Saudis still have some...

We should make it national policy to have several years of requirements in our strategic oil reserve. That way we could weather an extended crisis with equanimity.

Bandit60 said:
Drill in Alaska would solve alot of problems. Lower cost of fuel for us and would also make us less reliant on Saudi oil.

I dont want to hear it from the tree-huggers either.
DRILL, DRILL, DRILL

Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!! Drill!!

They can use my backyard, it won't grow grass, might as well get some use out of it.

bestpilot said:
Dude, I've seen some really fine lookin' soccer moms recently. The more I drink, the better they look. Oh no!! That's someone's mom! Bad Kharma, Bad Kharma.

I may be drinkin a bit from time to time, but dude, you must be smokin crack if you actually believe that Big SUVs are the problem. I like seriously doubt that soccer mom's impact on the overall petro price is significant.

Ted, are you like one of those peeps that like dump red paint on some chick's fur coat too? You need to take a chill, and join me in having a cool brewski!

First of all....pass the brewski. Second, I am not necessarily against drilling there. We just need to pull our collective heads out of our collective a$$es and conserve a little first, so it's not all for nothing. Examples: The average MPG of cars/trucks in the U.S. has not increased in over ten years. The EPA did a study that basically said if the average MPG of vehicles in the U.S. went up just 3-4 MPG, it would essentially make the entire middle east obsolete in terms of oil. If we were doing all of that and still needed it, then sure-drill away. And no I'm not "like one of those peeps" that dumps paint on people's coats. People should be able to drive what they want, it is the USA after all. They should also know the sometimes global consequences of doing so....and they should STFU when gas hits $3 a gallon! Now hit me up with another cold one!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back