• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Offline Jumpseaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jumpseating is a right...but it is long standing tradition of courtesy and mutual professionalism. That is where guys screw up.

That as long as the gate agent accepts the jumpseat form and brings up your little picture on the computer that suddenly you are "good to go".

What "lil picture" are you talking about.

I keep hearing offline, but dont you always ask even when its your own company. I wouldn't dream of jumpseating on one of my own without talking to the Big guy.

Oh by the way Ground Stop. There actually is a Joe Smith that works for Mesa on the Freedom side.

Mainline pilots don't have to check in at the cockpit since it's a former mainline route you are flying.

I had one not come up once. the FA told us he worked for gojets. I wondered how many jumpseat rides he had been denied in the past. how funny.

serious question tho, is it customary to be the last passenger off a plane if you are jumpseating. I always ask the cpt for a ride and say thanks to the flight attendant and flight deck crew as i leave but I ussually don't wait to be the last one off.

I really like to be the last one off the plane. Just feels like the right thing to do. And sometimes I have no choice because I was the last person on the plane and my bags are stuffed in the back and I am up front.

However, if I am in a hurry to make a tight connection I will get off with the rest. I am sure if you have a sense of urgency about you they will understand. What good is the ride if you can't make your connection?

Latest resources

Back