• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Offline Jumpseaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
he said they were "offline" so that means they should have said hi.

Had this same thing the other month. Asked the FA to ask him to come up front. He acted a little shy, I didn't directly ask him why he didnt stop up, I just told him "we always like to talk to our JSers."

I bet scab-types try to do this all the time.

We flew PHL to ATL this past weekend. I saw the jumpseater filling out the card at the podium, but didn't have a chance to talk to the guy. I was the last one one the aircraft, because my inbound flight was late. I asked the capt. if he saw or talked with a jumpseater, "nope." We never saw the guy get on the plane because we were running a bit behind, so watching people board wasn't a priority. I get off the plane in ATL to do the walk arround. This guy was standing there in the bridge waiting for is gate checked back. I was like "WTF" and he was "oh, yea...thanks for the ride..." The company ID hanging arround his neck was a give away on who he worked for. High five there "Acey" for comming by the cockpit, NOT!

Ok, we all have to commute, get over it!

And, no I dont work for the "scab" airlines you speak of I'm just disgusted of the 8th grade antics that we all, including myself, do when it comes to the competition. We all make dog ******************** for wages so the least we can do is stick together and quit bitchin so much about petty ********************.
Cheers!:)

So when did offline jumpseaters stop checking in at the cockpit?

I would never dream of taking a seat in the back without ASKING if the Captain would allow me to jumpseat. I have talked to the FO if the CA isn't around and then said thanks after the flight.

Not too long ago I had an IPOD wearing backpack toting guy poke his head in the cockpit and say "Hey guys, Im catching a ride with you...they gave me seat 12C"............I responded that I didn't think I heard him right....did you mean to say "Hi guys, I'm Joe Schmoe with flying Z airlines, hoping I could catch a ride with you today". The guy looked at me and said "they gave me a seat" to which i replied "I'll bet I can get it revoked....it's a privelege, not a right, so it's nice to be polite and ask if its ok instead of telling me how it's gonna be on my plane" I wasn't shocked when the guy didn't say thanks after the flight.

I don't think I would ever deny a guy a ride to/from work if it was within my power, but this guy came close.

Latest resources

Back