Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Official:Frontier Airlines Selects Republic Airlines as Regional Partner to Operate N

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With Wexford Capital behind them RAH is a serious regional feed player. If memory serves me correctly, Wexford was one of the principal lenders that allowed Frontier to begin 13 years ago. Horizon served Frontier well. My bet is that RAH will eventually add more planes as Frontier makes efforts to broaden it route network.

Wexford is probably going to focus F9 ops in longer routes/carribean/Mexico ops, while we will provide feed and do point to point short stuff. Wexford are very aggressive and have alot of cash available, F9 will do very well in the next few years - I would go there in a heartbeat!

I hope Frontier does well. I think it is a great airline and I would also work there in a heartbeat. I was talking to an F9 pilot the other day, and he said that they only put Mexican/caribbean/vacation destinations on the napkins now...no US stuff. My guess is that you are right TAWS.

Last edited:
Would you guys stop and think for a moment. I'm tired of hearing that the 170 is a bad choice due to 3% higher fuel burn. 3% isn't that much. Think of it this way:

Let's just say a flight in a CRJ700 uses 10,000 lbs of fuel on a given flight. That would mean a 170 would use 10,300 lbs. Convert that extra 300 lbs into gallons. It's about 50. I'm not sure what the going rate of fuel is, but for easy math, we will call it $2.00. So we are talking $100 in gas. That's it.

All you need is to get one extra passenger to buy a ticket for every two flights to break even. I think Frontier is betting on the 170 being so much more popular with pax due to the cabin size, overhead bins, and noise level that selling a few extra tickets to guys who previouly didn't want to ride on a CRJ shouldn't be a problem.

I think the passangers that buy tickets on F9, or most domestic airlines for that matter would go on a CRJ if it was $5 less.

Do you guys have to have baby animals on your tail?

The #2 tail is going to be a bit more aggressive. It's going to have an eskimo clubbing a baby seal. #3 is rumored to be Ahab harpooning a whale.

GOD, WE'RE SUCH WHORES

The #2 tail is going to be a bit more aggressive. It's going to have an eskimo clubbing a baby seal. #3 is rumored to be Ahab harpooning a whale.

GOD, WE'RE SUCH WHORES

Nah.....at least whores get paid what their worth...

Latest resources

Back