Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Official:Frontier Airlines Selects Republic Airlines as Regional Partner to Operate N

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apparently Republic will be the carrier of choice if someone wants the 170's. Sheesh! So much for competition.

Interestingly on a side note, CHQ operates CMH-LGA on the delta side and the USairways side with a few departures that leave within minutes of each other. CHQ is competing with themselves on those flights! Thats how you make $$$ in the airline industry.

Interestingly on a side note, CHQ operates CMH-LGA on the delta side and the USairways side with a few departures that leave within minutes of each other. CHQ is competing with themselves on those flights! Thats how you make $$$ in the airline industry.

Considering they're probably getting a fee per departure from both US Air and Delta on that route, they're not really competing against themselves, Delta and USAir are the ones competing. Now, if the merger goes through, that'll be one of the first routes that gets cut.

Sounds like you've been drinking as much as your CEO. It's a fact that some F9 pilots are concerned about where they'll be in 3 years.

Steveair, why do you care?

The F9 guys are adults, they can look after themselves. All we are is feed!

Are you at SkyWest? Do you think that you would have been a better choice? Don't kid yourself! We are all doing the same thing!

It's a fact that some F9 pilots are concerned about where they'll be in 3 years.

Hasn't stopped quite a few people at my place of employ to "throw the dice" and go work there...

Who isn't worried about where they'll be in 3 years? 3 years isn't sh!t in the airline industry...

Steveair, why do you care?

The F9 guys are adults, they can look after themselves. All we are is feed!

Are you at SkyWest? Do you think that you would have been a better choice? Don't kid yourself! We are all doing the same thing!

Hey, all I've been saying is that I don't think it's smart for Frontier to operate more expensive airplanes when UA and SWA are taking it to them. Jesus H, I'm sorry I forgot I can't express my opinion to the all-mighty climb2slow and Taws on flight info. I've got nothing against F9 guys and I wish them all well. I just don't think the company made a good move and I really don't see a future for them because I don't think they have a good business model. Apparently you do but I don't go calling you names! Everyone has a right to their opinion.

Would you guys stop and think for a moment. I'm tired of hearing that the 170 is a bad choice due to 3% higher fuel burn. 3% isn't that much. Think of it this way:

Let's just say a flight in a CRJ700 uses 10,000 lbs of fuel on a given flight. That would mean a 170 would use 10,300 lbs. Convert that extra 300 lbs into gallons. It's about 50. I'm not sure what the going rate of fuel is, but for easy math, we will call it $2.00. So we are talking $100 in gas. That's it.

All you need is to get one extra passenger to buy a ticket for every two flights to break even. I think Frontier is betting on the 170 being so much more popular with pax due to the cabin size, overhead bins, and noise level that selling a few extra tickets to guys who previouly didn't want to ride on a CRJ shouldn't be a problem.

Would you guys stop and think for a moment. I'm tired of hearing that the 170 is a bad choice due to 3% higher fuel burn. 3% isn't that much. Think of it this way:

Let's just say a flight in a CRJ700 uses 10,000 lbs of fuel on a given flight. That would mean a 170 would use 10,300 lbs. Convert that extra 300 lbs into gallons. It's about 50. I'm not sure what the going rate of fuel is, but for easy math, we will call it $2.00. So we are talking $100 in gas. That's it.

All you need is to get one extra passenger to buy a ticket for every two flights to break even. I think Frontier is betting on the 170 being so much more popular with pax due to the cabin size, overhead bins, and noise level that selling a few extra tickets to guys who previouly didn't want to ride on a CRJ shouldn't be a problem.

Don't forget about seats. I believe that the E-170 has more seats than the CRJ700. Increased capacity=more revenue when sold. Popularity should play into this as well. If F9 mangment is smart, which I think they are, they will spin off some good publicity about their new "regional" jets cabin size as compared to past. I don't think people will have to pay more for the seats, the added revenue should easily cover the additional cost. Only time will tell, so stop with the sour grapes scenerio....

Latest resources

Back