Official Expressjet Hiring Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CUEBOAT said:
Quote "It is sad that our new hires are getting almost double what you will be "settling" for and these aircraft don't even require 2 pilots per type certificate. "

So let me get this straight, an ERJ needs only one pilot?

No gomer. Read his post again. "our new hires" meaning that the new hires at the company he works for. ;)

Don't be coming down on avbug because he believes one should be compensated fairly. If EX-Jet was such a great company to work for they would at least show by paying you while you are in training. Also pay a decent livable wage also. 20G a year is a disgrace. Who gives rats a$$ if when you get out of school you will be flying a new jet. That doesn't pay the rent or put food on the table.

And to think that you are going to do your time at Ex-Jet and move on to the majors in a couple of years. What kind of crack you smoking? The way things are going. It will lucky if there are majors around then to go to.

Avbug,

I have read many of your wonderful and informative posts and I have to tell you this: This X-Jet posting is your best.

The only thing you left out is that it isnt just the 1st year pay that sucks, how many years as an FO to break 35K??

I am at colgan and i cracked 20K this year as an FO. A few months of this year were at 2nd year pay, but that was only $2 more an hour @$22. I didn't PFT, and this is for the 1900. Coex has a 50 seat jet. Too bad it isn't an increase in pay to leave a 1900 to go on to fly a 50 seat jet. I know the captain makes a lot more there then at colgan, but man, the FO pay is bad. At least coex isn't PFT right now though.

OK i did not pay for training nor did i get paid while training, but i don't believe things like this are new.
what to work for ATA? they have a $24,000/ 2 year training contract.
want to work for AirTran? they dont pay hotel rooms in training either.

not saying this is right, just not limited to calex, so get off it...

1. All pilots stop applying for jobs at regionals.

You listed a second option, but this is the only one that will work.

If I offered the kids in my neighborhood $1 to cut my grass they would all laugh. But if I offered them $1 with the chance to upgrade to the riding mower "when the time was right" and make $20 cutting it once that happened, I wonder if they would jump on it?

This seems similar to the situation with the airlines. I wonder if this will ever go away. The prospect is unlikely, since there is always someone out there willing to do the job for next to nothing.

It would be interesting to see a salary distribution among all pilots. I wonder what percentage of them would be making less than $35K a year. I would bet it would be higher than even I imagine.

Dep676 said:
No gomer. Read his post again. "our new hires" meaning that the new hires at the company he works for. ;)

Don't be coming down on avbug because he believes one should be compensated fairly. If EX-Jet was such a great company to work for they would at least show by paying you while you are in training. Also pay a decent livable wage also. 20G a year is a disgrace. Who gives rats a$$ if when you get out of school you will be flying a new jet. That doesn't pay the rent or put food on the table.

And to think that you are going to do your time at Ex-Jet and move on to the majors in a couple of years. What kind of crack you smoking? The way things are going. It will lucky if there are majors around then to go to.

Please do not apply at XJT, we have a lot of people who are fun to work with, don't taint our pilot pool.

Oh, I filled out the app on the web site, alright. I wanted an opportunity to tell them what to kiss, in person.

avbug said:
Oh, I filled out the app on the web site, alright. I wanted an opportunity to tell them what to kiss, in person.

That's another good post by avbug. :D :D :D :D :D :D

By the way don't worry. I won't be applying anytime soon. I am fun to work with also. Just because I don't want to be whored out makes me not fun? :(

wait. how is my post funny? i know the industry is $hit right now, but you don't think any majors will be hiring in 6-8 yrs? really? i didn't know i was making a joke.

as far as the pay, it sucks. i'm going to be making 50% of what i'm making flying charter...but i'll do it. charter isn't going to take me to ups. not going to skip from a 414 to a ups 757 am i?

i'll take the pay cut for the opportunity to fly for the company i've been watching since i was a kid. i don't wanna make $20K, but maybe it will pay off in the end.

i don't want to whore myself out. if i were paying for training, not getting payed the first 90 days, and making $10K my first year then i would be whoring myself. taking a regional job with a decent company that pays for training and $20K my first year isn't whoring myself. it's taking a low paying job. it's changing my current lifestyle. it's not whoring myself out.

i don't see anything wrong with taking a job that pays industry standard. the industry sucks. the pay sucks. but it's standard. will not applying change the standard? f*ck no. it will just screw me out of my childhood dream.

change the standard or keep your mouth shut, avbug. either way will make us all happy.

It's precisely by refusing to shut my mouth that the only chance exists to change this so-called standard, hotshot.

By remaining silent and doing nothing, one ratifies the wrongs perpetuated in the industry, and becomes a bed partner, a perpetrator; part of the problem.

Call it what you want. You're a whore. A prostitute. A seller of your own soul; a seller of your fellow pilot. You're the one who defecates in the bed of the industry, and then wallows in it with some cockeyed justification for your actions. Your willingness to do so is filthy, vile. In your own selfrighteous gore, claim what you will. You're still playing the part of a whore.

If I lock you up in a small room in my basement and slowly press nails into your skull while laughing and recording it digitally, I can replay it to a paying audience as a marketable snuff film. Your blood for my wealth. After all, I'm aiming for something higher; why not justify your suffering for my benifit? Seems that you feel you'll be making the big bucks one day, so honoring the sad state of the industry to do so makes it all okay...after all, you'll benifit one day. Even at the cost of validating pathetic industry practices, ratifying it with your very act.

Claim innocense; your actions speak louder than words.

Hows that for shutting up?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back