• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Official Expressjet Hiring Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem ( one of many) is that present day we have "kids" who are dumb and nieve to the pay issues, and then "magic" we have these so-called bridge programs set up with colleges/regionals/135 departments, etc, to get them in the door at a ridiculous low time so "pay" is not an issue at all cause now they are "airline pilots". (big time airline pilots) Fortunately our company as well as many others have cut this program out completely to keep them from lowering the standards, I personally applaud this move very loudly. At one point when I was young and nieve to the facts regarding these issues when someone would ask me to walk a resume in, attach a lor, etc, I would but no longer... I guess it takes a few years to wake up and smell the coffee.

avbug can I help you out.?;)

3 5 0

Avbug, I recommend contacting the FAA on all who sell out. Bad moral Character equals no ATP. No ATP equals never being capt. this wonderful plan they have will back fire.

Avbug.. if getting hired at xjet equates to whoring or selling yourself out, then.. which airlines out there, in your opinion, are not brothels?

Okay let me get this striaght. Don't we all try to find the job that will best promote our career goals? Sure it is a crime to pay someone $20K a year to fly a 50 pax jet. But to say "okay, let's just not apply to these jobs, and managment will be forced to pay new hires more" is absolutly rediculous. Good luck with that one. I truely believe the only way we can raise pilot pay scales at the lower level is strength from within. By voting no on subpar contracts, and not listening to the CEO's that tell us we will go out of buisness, the airline can't afford these rates, we are already operating in the red, etc, etc, etc. Screw these guys and their $10 million dollar bonuses! Let's get paid! It will only happen if each pilot group sticks together, and educates themselves with the facts, not what managment wants you to believe.

hey guys I work at COEX and I think avbug is right. The pay is **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** (4th yr FO=28,000). The crews are great though, I can't say that I havn't really flown with anyone I didn't ge along with. Hopefully our new contract works out well. Also don't count on upgrading anytime soon, I think It's gonna take a least a year for me. As far as new hires go, they pay for hotel and cut you a check for per diem half way through but no pay until you pass the sim ride.

At least it's not Pinnacle

At least they give you some sandwich money and a place to sleep. At Pinnacle, they don't even give you a hotel room or perdiem and no pay on top of that!!! I think that is insanity. I would have to sleep in my truck and hang out at Burger King after hours like a dog to get something to eat.

Trash Man at BK-"Hey man, whats up?"

Penisaccle new hire-"just tryin' to get somethin' to eat"

TM- "you wanna borrow a dollar?"

P new hire- "na, I couldn't pay you back for about a year or so, can I just have something out of that bag before you throw it out?"

TSA is paying 60 hours during training but no perdiem and no place to stay. I found a crash pad for $125 a month. Still works out to about $1100 a month more than Pinnacle even after the pad. It pretty much sucks everywhere during training/first yr. Just pick your poison. One day when I make captain at around 55k or so that will be the payoff. I've never been rich and thats a lot of money to me and doing what I love. So I'll pay my dues a few more years and wait for that Captain upgrade. No majors for me. I'm too old. If it's really that bad go be a lawyer. I hear they pay pretty good!!

we could argue this for days. meanwhile, i'm going to try to further my career. not by working for free. not by whoring myself out. not by screwing other pilots over to better myself. just by working.

i should've been a f*cking dentist.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back