• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Official: ASA not getting ANY 900s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:angryfireLet them take the planes. I could care less! If they want to shrink ASA, then so be it! JA and Skywst can Kiss my @SS!!! If they want to fly all of these airplanes for substandard wages and continue to take it up the arse with the all for one payrate, hey, have at it! All those "Great" numbers will come tumbling down like no other once they hit @hitlanta! :laugh: Yeah, good luck with THAT ONE!!!

Then leave FmrFreight, and take Bizjet with you. Some of us are happy here. Taking ASA down won't change anything. Please leave if you aren't happy here. That will make us both happy.

ASADriver said:
Then leave FmrFreight, and take Bizjet with you. Some of us are happy here. Taking ASA down won't change anything. Please leave if you aren't happy here. That will make us both happy.

:rolleyes:You just REAK of mgmnt! We would all be much better off without the likes of you. Those of us that do have spines, will continue to carry the torch and try to make this a better place to work.....NO THANKS to YOU!!

Tomct said:
:rolleyes:You just REAK of mgmnt! We would all be much better off without the likes of you. Those of us that do have spines, will continue to carry the torch and try to make this a better place to work.....NO THANKS to YOU!!

Exactly how will this be a better place to work when my job is transferred to Skywest?

ASADriver said:
Exactly how will this be a better place to work when my job is transferred to Skywest?

:rolleyes:Then you won't have to pay those "Pesky" Union dues! And hey, you can fly all those NEAT 900's for one rate.

ASADriver said:

I didn't say, "Burn it down." I said it's beyond our control. They're gonna do what they're gonna do. I don't like it anymore than you do. Oh, wait, actually I like it slightly more than you do because I like seeing you in panic mode.

Make no mistake. I'm no "screw the company" guy. They've done a great job screwing themselves. Work for free. See where it gets you. This company is not long for this world no matter what you do.

ASADriver said:

Because you will be GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, GONE, and those senior to you will have some time remaining without having to listen to your whiny a$$ :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: blame everone but yourself for your problems.

Tomct said:
:angryfireLet them take the planes. I could care less! If they want to shrink ASA, then so be it! JA and Skywst can Kiss my @SS!!! If they want to fly all of these airplanes for substandard wages and continue to take it up the arse with the all for one payrate, hey, have at it! All those "Great" numbers will come tumbling down like no other once they hit @hitlanta! :laugh: Yeah, good luck with THAT ONE!!!

They make more than you do.So if they are doing it for substandard wages, what are you doing it for?

FmrFreightDog said:
You know what, guys and girls... We could work for free and it wouldn't change anything. I, along with many others, think Atkin will eventually shrink ASA out of existence. It has absolutely nothing to do with the pilot contract. The culture of mismanagement runs so deep at this company and has such an horrendous history that the only way to make a Delta Connection carrier operate well out of Atlanta is to completely tear it down and rebuild it. That unfortunately means a 100% turnover in personnel. The wreckage left behind by the current and former ASA management teams has taken over this place like a metasticized cancer. It's gone way too far to be able to simply cut the tumor out and move on. The body is far too infected to survive.

The first step was to start taking 70s. The second step was to start taking 90s. 50 seaters will quickly become things of the past. As they begin to park them, we won't have anything to replace them with. The company will shrink and eventually die. The remaining 50 seaters will move on over to Skywest. As they build up their Atlanta operation, I have no doubt they will succeed where LaBreque, Barnette, Pickett, and Biser failed. Why? Because Skywest actually has an aptitude for airline management. Our current leadership, on the other hand, could most likely run a lemonade stand into the ground inside of 6 months.

Do not let them trick you into thinking you are failing this company by refusing to work under a substandard contract. To the contrary, it it they who have failed us. They have failed us with their arrogance. They have failed us with their ineptitude. Most of all, they have failed us with their inaction. We have been last in baggage handling for God knows how long. What have they changed? Our on time performance in in the toilet and the leadership update has the audacity place the blame on the crews. When Bryan LaBreque applies for his next job and they ask him, "What was the most effective thing you did at your previous place of business?", the best he will be able to say is, "Umm... I bought a kiddie playground to put outside of C-24 so people could better distract their children during their 6 hour delays."

As I said before, it is my firm belief that no matter what we give up on this contract, this company is on borrowed time. With that mindset, I refuse to take a concessionary contract. If someone could prove to me that a concessionary contract would save this company, I would think about it. However I have seen no evidence to that end.

Just listen to the Skywest pilots on this board, guys. THEY MAKE MORE MONEY THAN WE DO!!!! This is not about crew costs. It's about pulling the plug on a terminal patient that has been on life support for far too long.

What can we do about it? Absolutely nothing.

Excellent post.

Latest resources

Back