Official: ASA not getting ANY 900s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASA_Aviator

At least, ASA not getting any of the 17 on order for SkyWest Inc. This comes directly from a Line Check Airman, and has been confirmed in the G/O.

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge yet, but I didn't know it.

ASA_Aviator said:
At least, ASA not getting any of the 17 on order for SkyWest Inc. This comes directly from a Line Check Airman, and has been confirmed in the G/O.

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge yet, but I didn't know it.

So? They should have gone to mainline anyway.

bailout said:
dont believe anything you hear until ALL 17 are at SKW.

From what I heard, it is fact, not fiction, and not rumour. I hope you rabid unionists get exactly what you deserve. I just wish you weren't taking me with you.

What will it take for everyone to understand that we are being replaced. This Union will be broken in half. Welcome to the brave new world.

ASA_Aviator said:
From what I heard, it is fact, not fiction, and not rumour. I hope you rabid unionists get exactly what you deserve. I just wish you weren't taking me with you.

You're being a little hypocritical aren't you? You're blaming the union which implies you have accepted managment's argument without so much as a second thought. There are two sides to this argument, at least with the union we know what is being asked for. Management's 'proposal' is hidden in half truths and blantant mis-information. Can it be absolutely confirmed that we would have even been in the running for any of these planes? Did it help Comair? Is it possible that managment is using this issue to press their argument in negotiations? Are you a GO tool bag pretending to be a pilot? It's being done every day by those over in the GO, it's common tactic in these type of negotiations. But thanks for the comments. As for the 900's, if we aren't paid more to fly them, why do we want them? For growth? Yeah, that would be nice but not for 50 or even 70 seat wages.

Crash Pad said:
What will it take for everyone to understand that we are being replaced. This Union will be broken in half. Welcome to the brave new world.

Then argeeing to concessions won't help us either. Your point?

It has nothing to do with pay. SKYW makes more than us. Management has no desire to settle the contract. They want this to drag on long enough to transfer everything to SKYW.

This is about Union busting. There is not a contract we could sign that would save our jobs.

Crash Pad said:
It has nothing to do with pay. SKYW makes more than us. Management has no desire to settle the contract. They want this to drag on long enough to transfer everything to SKYW.

This is about Union busting. There is not a contract we could sign that would save our jobs.

Well then fine. If we're all screwed anyway, let's light the torches, rape the horses and ride out on the women!!!!

By the way...saw a SW 90 seater at the gate in Toronto recently. Talk about one long skinny looking bugger. Makes a Maddog look kinda short!!!

Suckers!!! Fly it for subpar wages you idiots!!! But I guess you'll enjoy the growth!!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back