• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Official: All on Cactus callsign effective 9/1/08

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Forced" to aquire??? Doug Parker wanted this deal...he just didn't want to pay for it, cuz he couldn't.

US Airways had to go knocking on doors to get the financing...when they had it...they called Doug, and he was ready to go forward.

Nobody "forced" anybody here

Ooooooo, I get it. It was the twice bankrupt airline that got the financing the do the merger. Damn dude I give up discussing this with you guys. You are truely insane.

Just for kicks PLEASE quote ONE article that supports your crack head notion that it was USAir that brought the money to this transaction.

You guys are just plain Fing idiots.

I have my own ideas on this and also one question.

Does it really matter who bought who, who brought the money to the table, who set up the deal, who wanted the deal, who pushed the deal? Does it matter?

From what I see top management at AWA is now running the new US Airways. All old US Air top management is gone.

So now that this operation is running as it is does it really matter about the origination of the deal? And if it does, why?

Why are pilots so wrapped around the axle about the economic state of the airline/industry when they have no more control or influence over it than does a ramper?

I have my own ideas on this and also one question.

Does it really matter who bought who, who brought the money to the table, who set up the deal, who wanted the deal, who pushed the deal? Does it matter?

Why are pilots so wrapped around the axle about the economic state of the airline/industry when they have no more control or influence over it than does a ramper?

BINGO !!! All good points...it is what it is...no matter how it all happened...

Ooooooo, I get it. It was the twice bankrupt airline that got the financing the do the merger. Damn dude I give up discussing this with you guys. You are truely insane.

Just for kicks PLEASE quote ONE article that supports your crack head notion that it was USAir that brought the money to this transaction.

You guys are just plain Fing idiots.

Just call Doug Parker and ask him...or email him.

Does this mean instead of hearing the possessive "UsAir's 641" callsign ill be hearing "Cactuses' 641?"

is it just me hearing that out there? why do you say that?

Nope.
From what I see top management at AWA is now running the new US Airways. All old US Air top management is gone.
Dougweiser and Scooter are at the top but the flight and training departments are now 100% run by Easties.
Because it affects us.

Because it affects us.

What can you do about it?

All publicly owned companies are run for the shareholder's benefits and not the employees. That's US law. An oversimplification but when push comes to shove the shareholder's interests rate far, far above the employees interests.

What about "AmWays"....?? is that taken?

and I kinda like flyin' outta Sky Harbor.. - Peace

Shareholders vs employees....shares in what?? A "company" is a group of people (employees) facilitating the operation of a business...one airlines out there does indeed realize this...wonder when the rest will....and getting involved with USAir has indeed ruined many airlines...now the rusties (easties) are trying to finish it off..AWA should have let USAir sink and picked the carcass...

Latest resources

Back