• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Official: All on Cactus callsign effective 9/1/08

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amen brother..........after the crew news video in CLT where the uscabians tried to intimidate dougie, and bular stepped on his crank, dougie probably said enough is enough. Call sign CACTUS.

From this point on, the uscabians need to be reminded that USAir(ways) is only a brand name. The new company is LCC. Your azzes were saved by our little regional in the sand box, but, nevertheless, USAir did not save AWA. Exact opposite. Read the SEC filings and 2007 annual report (page 38 I believe) and argue the facts with an arbitrator. Then don't like what you see and sue him/her.

Capt.

I wouldn't go that far. We all know they saved each other. US Airways would have been gone and like "Parker" said, AWA would have been another Frontier with all the sharks waiting to eat us.

And US Airways was also a little regional with a handful of International Flights.

Really now, if they hadn't got together they would both be out of biz.

Really now, if they hadn't got together they would both be out of biz.

Frontier is still in business. US Air was a week from liquidation. AWA provided liquidity to cover that last payroll checks before the merger...that's how dire their situation was.

AAA was toast. AWA was generally ok.

This post is really funny!! the more I read, the more I laugh!......here are bunch of professionals fighting over a call sign.......UNFU&^^%ING REAL.

Well why don't you guys make up a call sign that combines the two names?? (USLESS AIR/CACTUS)
Perhaps people here may have any ideas. anyone??
Ohhh no. What have I started?

Ok. I'll bite. How 'bout "eUSTUS". Problem is there might be some old Piedmont Airlines hillbilly flying 767's with the same name who'lll think the airline was re-named after him.;)

PHXFLYR:cool:

A call sign is just a call sign, except for the symbology of it in this case.

Without regurgitating a long a tired story, I'll simply say it this way. At least now those egocentric 'its all and only about me' east coast pilots will get a daily working reminder that its not all about them.

There may be a percent or two back there who really don't care, but it will drive the rest of em up the wall, whether they own up to it or not. And after what they have pulled on the west all along I kinda like that. Petty? Yeah I suppose so, but I can't help it.

Last edited:
Just looking forward to listening to some hick from Carolina go off when I respond "Roger follow the America West Airbus to 22R".

Call Signs,

Am West-"Cactus"
US Air-"Cactus Pricks..."

done...argument over, brilliant...

what a ******************** fight....

I am so confused by the argument that AWA saved USA. Money came to the merger from outside either company and was arranged by the then CEO of US Bruce Lakefield whom is still the Vice Charmain of the board. It has been said publicly many times over by your president Scott Kirby that AWA would have met the same fate as USA and that the merger was needed to "save" both carriers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back