• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Off route descent to approach

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think you are misinterpreting the data from the AIM, with specifics to making an approach I do not feel any more reporting is required, desired or recommended, I have operated in many non radar environments such as Alaska, Caribbean etc., if I would have made the report you think is necessary I think the response would be something like "you are cleared for the approach".

I am not against learning at all, happens all the time, you haven't supplied any information to make me change my mind, what you have quoted is a general practice for enroute operations. I also haven't supplied any information to support my view, only an opinion, waiting for some more views with an open mind though.

I think you are misinterpreting the data from the AIM, with specifics to making an approach I do not feel any more reporting is required, desired or recommended, I have operated in many non radar environments such as Alaska, Caribbean etc., if I would have made the report you think is necessary I think the response would be something like "you are cleared for the approach".

I am not against learning at all, happens all the time, you haven't supplied any information to make me change my mind, what you have quoted is a general practice for enroute operations. I also haven't supplied any information to support my view, only an opinion, waiting for some more views with an open mind though.

Fair enough.

Latest resources

Back