• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Observations on SKYW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All u SKYW bashers, shut your pieholes...It's over...move on with your lives...The collective voice has spoken...Many former ALPA members from ASA and MESA ,who now fly for SKYW, didn't want it to pass...This vote was a significant turning point which leaves a speed bump in the road of ALPA's future..I mean USAir guys don't want ALPA, And the Houston CAL guys don't want it...The industry is changing and not everyone wants a ride with da ALPA train....

What train do you want to ride?

What train do you want to ride?

Not the ALPA one. Things speak for themselves...SKYW's 35 years of success and growth, not a single furloughed pilot, ever. Continued growth and success, viewed by most other regional pilots as the best overall regional to work for in almost every aspect(Many regional pilots make lateral moves to SKYW). Etc........
Why try to fix it if it ain't broke??? I don't know if things will always good in the future, but 66% of the pilot group are willing to bet on it. There can always be another Union Drive in the future if sh!t hits da fan.

Not the ALPA one. Things speak for themselves...SKYW's 35 years of success and growth, not a single furloughed pilot, ever. Continued growth and success, viewed by most other regional pilots as the best overall regional to work for in almost every aspect(Many regional pilots make lateral moves to SKYW). Etc........
Why try to fix it if it ain't broke??? I don't know if things will always good in the future, but 66% of the pilot group are willing to bet on it. There can always be another Union Drive in the future if sh!t hits da fan.

What about the criminalization of pilots?

The flawed FMLA law?

Open Skies?

MPL?

FFDO?

the list goes on...

What about these issues that effect SKYW pilots?

Continued growth and success, viewed by most other regional pilots as the best overall regional to work for in almost every aspect(Many regional pilots make lateral moves to SKYW). Etc........

I hope that was a joke....I haven't talked to ANY other regional piltos that would agree with this, including myself. It was good for a laugh though!

Lateral move to SKW? And start at 19 an hour? The lowest first year pay out there?

Just wanted to make some observations and see what others have to say about them as well as add their own.

-Not even half the pilot group voted. Over 60% of you said you simply didn't care about your future at Skywest. Meanwhile, your company spokesman says it is because you are confident in the company. If you don't use your right to vote, you don't deserve it!

-Being a non-union group, Skywest does "ride the coattails" of other organized groups. That is the reality of market forces. Incidently, this can also go the other way where organized groups are chasing non-organized groups. So it seems to me that the two cancel each other out making this a moot point.

-ASA was not "saved" by Skywest. If you don't believe me, look at Comair. Last time I checked, Comair was still in business.

-A no vote to the Skywest ALPA drive was NOT a no vote to becoming unionized. I do not like ALPA National myself....but I sure as hell wouldn't vote for Teamsters instead!

-Threatening Skywest pilots with names like scab is childish at worst and completely inappropriate at best.

-Hoping Skywest pilots don't move on to other carriers is one thing, but making it a personal goal is another. No pilot should go out of his or her way to ensure Skywest pilots don't get jobs at other airlines.

Any other thoughts?
A vote for representation- but not alpa is a vote for alpa... so yeah i didnt call.. that was my vote...

union airlines (asa) are coming up to our level of compensation as i see it- but yes moot point.

asa was not saved by skywest but they arent owned by mesa.... reminds me of a story about a frenchman who hates Americans.... do you speak German?........ youre welcome.

SOOOOOO glad this is over! now people can hate people for other reasons!

Maybe I don't understand the phone-in vote. I understood that you could vote yes or no...what you seem to be saying is that if you called in to vote it was automatically cast as a yes. Is that how the vote went down?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back