Obama shakes hands

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jim, knock it off.

You have just disrespected all the men and women who dies over there. How dare you even begin to disgrace their honor and memory by saying it was worth the cost. Ask their families if it was worth the cost. Their loved one died because of a pack of lies in a country that had nothing to do with us, while trying to "liberate" people who want us dead, and you say that was worth the cost? Ask those who have come home maimed, crippled, and unable to provide for a family or themselves. The majority of thise who served over there DO NOT think the dead are wrth the people if Iraq being liberated. They'll tell you all those people dies for nothing and their lives' were wasted. It's true.

Don't tell me, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED? As long as it's the mission of getting US Military members killed.

Jim, go get yourself together, then come back and try it again.

For someone who claims to have served, you are way out of line.

Last time I checked, we have an all volunteer service. The war is entering it's 7th year. Most everyone still serving on ACTIVE duty (not recalled IRRs) have either enlisted during the past 6 years OR have re-enlisted at least once (and in most cases, two or more times) since the beginning of the war. Sure there are some stop loss folks stuck over there, but the vast majority of the folks are serving voluntarily. So, what does this mean- it means they are all aware of the consequences and they believe in the cause. So please do not use their sacrafices to promote you anti-war positions.

With regards to an earlier post about being the POTUS and serving in the military- I believe that anyone that seeks a position in the executive or legislative branch of the federal government should have served in the military. I won't sit here and say I am proud of GW's service, but I think that anyone who has the power to place people in harm's way must first have been in that position themselves.

Last time I checked, we have an all volunteer service. The war is entering it's 7th year. Most everyone still serving on ACTIVE duty (not recalled IRRs) have either enlisted during the past 6 years OR have re-enlisted at least once (and in most cases, two or more times) since the beginning of the war. Sure there are some stop loss folks stuck over there, but the vast majority of the folks are serving voluntarily. So, what does this mean- it means they are all aware of the consequences and they believe in the cause. So please do not use their sacrafices to promote you anti-war positions.

With regards to an earlier post about being the POTUS and serving in the military- I believe that anyone that seeks a position in the executive or legislative branch of the federal government should have served in the military. I won't sit here and say I am proud of GW's service, but I think that anyone who has the power to place people in harm's way must first have been in that position themselves.

You wish:rolleyes: The military does not provide the best leaders when it comes to many aspects of a country's progress. We take you guys and do a huge amount of brainwashing to condition you for the job of killing humans. Some raise above that basic instinct and become well grounded and many remain as followers with very shallow and one track minds.
Leadership involves a lot more than learning to march or getting basic military training. Amoung the civilian population are some of the best minds in the world. We shall never shut out that majority in the interest of a military which I admire greatly but still represents just a small part of society veiwpoint.

Last edited:
You wish:rolleyes: The military does not provide the best leaders when it comes to many aspects of a country's progress. We take you guys and do a huge amount of brainwashing to condition you for the job of killing humans. Some raise above that basic instinct and become well grounded and many remain as followers with very shallow and one track minds.
Leadership involves a lot more than learning to march or getting basic military training. Amoung the civilian population are some of the best minds in the world. We shall never shut out that majority in the interest of a military which I admire greatly but still represents just a small part of society veiwpoint.
You are completely clueless and have absolutely no idea what the military is, how it trains it's leaders, or it's actual role in society. Why don't you stick to pontificating about something you know about, like, for instance, being a first class boob.

Originally Posted by Speedbird34
"We take you guys and do a huge amount of brainwashing to condition you for the job of killing humans."

WOW. Either a flamer or non-thinking product of our pop-culture TV educated public.
I mean, WOW!

He reminded me of LTC Dave Grossman's article On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs.

http://www.gleamingedge.com/mirrors/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html

Maybe speedbird knows his position and resents it.

Last edited:

True statement, unfortunately we don't exactly get the "best minds" in Congress now do we? By ensuring that all of them serve in the military will help those that have "average" to "Abby Normal" minds relate to the sacrafices and demands of serving. It would directly influence how they vote on wars, funding and quality of life issues and it would give me "peace" of mind.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Speedbird34
"We take you guys and do a huge amount of brainwashing to condition you for the job of killing humans."

WOW. Either a flamer or non-thinking product of our pop-culture TV educated public.
I mean, WOW!

He reminded me of LTC Dave Grossman's article On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs.

http://www.gleamingedge.com/mirrors/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html

Maybe speedbird knows his position and resents it.
Hobit are you a little person? Military dictatorships suck which shows the military as a group is lousy at civilian leadership. Quick to come to mind are many retarded military dictators like Stalin, Hilter, a whole era of military retards from the second world war era. And all the recent military retards ruling and maintaining military dictatorships around the world. 3 of my brothers are military officers and my dad was also a military officer. But they were educated to a very high level as doctors and engineers. So I do know we have great officers out there but I disagree that the military is the best pool of leaders for our country.:beer:

So what you're saying is that the three officers you do know are excellent leaders and incredibly smart individuals, but the ones you don't know are a bunch of mouth breathing, knuckle dragging morons? The military is a great place to learn about leadership, organization and learning how to make difficult decisions knowing that you may be consigning people to their death. It is also a great pool in which to extract people that can be of great benefit to helping to run this country. Our military knows better than any other one that their primary responsibility is to protect our freedom, not take it away. Tere is no way in he77 you can compare anyone in our armed forces to the likes of the two bit military dictators that have tried to rule the world.

Sounds like you are the retard to me.

Hobit are you a little person? Military dictatorships suck which shows the military as a group is lousy at civilian leadership. Quick to come to mind are many retarded military dictators like Stalin, Hilter, a whole era of military retards from the second world war era. And all the recent military retards ruling and maintaining military dictatorships around the world. 3 of my brothers are military officers and my dad was also a military officer. But they were educated to a very high level as doctors and engineers. So I do know we have great officers out there but I disagree that the military is the best pool of leaders for our country.:beer:

You're missing the point. No one has ever claimed that it's impossible to be a good leader without being in the service. I do think that federally elected officials should have served. I don't care how. If they were a 4 star general- great. If they did a minimum 3 year tour and never got promoted above E-2- that's fine with me.

I don't care if someone was a lowly private, airman or sailor that lead abolutely nothing for their entire 3 year enlistment. Even if they hated every minute of their service. The point is that they served. Will that make them a better politician? Maybe. Maybe not. Regardless, they understand what it means to serve and their service will profoundly impact their decision making process while in elected office.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back