Obama shakes hands

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He's good for show......that's it

Like many of you I was active when Clinton got the throne. Things went south pretty quickly. So many cut-backs, closures, and re-deployments that I thought I was in the Navy (and I wasn't!!) Me and many pilot friends decided the time had come and we split. Others are right: Obama is no friend of the military. I expect he'll act fast to make things worse with great determination. Even the AF1 crew are probably counting the days 'til separation!

Yaaaawwwnnn.

Don't you guys have anything better to do with your spare time? Fill out some more BS SAFIRE reports with your spare time the next time you pass through LSAA with your one RON on your way back to Frankfurt.

While I am definitely not an Obama supporter, I must say that gesture was in very good taste and professional. I am cautiously optimistic that this kind gesture is a symbol to all military members and their families that this president will be mindful or their needs.

One of the few intelligent responses on here. There's nothing wrong with Obama, most likely surprised at how young the Marine looked, shaking his hands and saying a few words of encouragement. It's a nice gesture.

There's a reason you haven't seen it before: it's not what Presidents traditionally do. While Mr Obama probably meant to show some sort of cool greeting, the fact he didn't appear to even return the salute is a direct reflection of his lack of understanding of military protocol and etiquette. I'm sure he meant no disrespect, but I'll be surprised if he does it the next time he flies Marine One. I'm hoping his military advisors will debrief him. He's the CinC, and he needs to get comfortable with that,... or at least act like he is.

He needs to "act like he is"? He shook a young Marine's hand and you're telling me that's un-presidential? That's your politics speaking.

What some of you need to come to terms with is not every president has, or will have military experience. This is the case in many countries around the world. Look at what we just had the past 8 years. A president with military experience who couldn't successfully invade Castaway Island if his life depended on it.

Why don't you stay off the military forum? You just like to come on here and spread your lying BS. There were plenty of raises under the Bush admin. A heckuva lot more than under Clinton. And besides, when is a 3% raise not a raise? When you grow a pair and actually serve this country then feel free to come here with the real men.
Hey Look, I'll come on the military forum at my discretion, and if you don't like it, tough sh1t! Guys like you need to be put in check too.

As for your smarts, or lack there of, 3 percent is NOT a raise when inflation/cost of living is greater than 3%. While you were in the military, you should have taken advantage of the educational opprotunities they provided, but lets call a spade a spade and put it out there that typically, well........Never Mind. :)

Hey A$$hole I'll put my MILITARY record up against yours any day.
hahaha. That's laughable. Your military record. Sure, just let me pull down my pants and bend over so I can be on par with you. Now, my nuts are sweaty, so get to lickin.

You need to read this book by a Mil Aid about the Clinton administration.

http://www.amazon.com/Dereliction-D...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234491664&sr=1-2

Also, check out the stats on the # of presidents that have been impeached.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/impeach.html
Oh yeah, a book by Robert Patterso is going to be filled full of facts and unbiased data. Puh-leeeeeezzz.

If we are going to talk about Presidents being a friend of the military, lets put the #s out there for how many troops Clinton needlessly got killed over a lie, and then lets do the same for Bush. Just the facts lease, just the facts.

You're a class act there pal. Why don't you go back under the rock you crawled out from under? The slime that lives there is obviously more your kind of folks.

At least it was a pay raise instead of a pay cut from someone who sent us to Africa, Eastern Europe, etc to cover for his BJ scandal!

A lot of people got killed doing this too uh?

Latest resources

Back