• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA's accepting Pilot Apps...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously, I was referring to that if NWA goes south, and we (god-forbid) furlough again, you will still be better for the experience (maybe not financially) for having flown acft with MGTOW greater than 50,000K which is what a lot of the foreign operators want.

I would not recommend anyone come here as a stepping stone, but ask any former EAL, PAA, TWA, etc. pilot about stability in this business. One always has to keep ones options open.

All jobs in aviation are temporary, some are just more temporary than others....

You have 50 million pound airplanes? Is that with or without flight attendants?

Your time doesn't matter, we are looking for pro-company people. The top candidates right now have a very positive history here. Who cares if you have 100000 PIC turbine, this company is not a stepping stone.

What is a "pro-company person?"

Do we have any? Any one who wants a job will tell
you anything you want to hear.

This is one of the most poorly managed airlines in
business.

More disturbing is how the employees are treated.

This will never be an "airline of choice".
DB

Your time doesn't matter, we are looking for pro-company people. The top candidates right now have a very positive history here. Who cares if you have 100000 PIC turbine, this company is not a stepping stone.

Dude, that's funny. I'm glad NWA is looking for pro-company people. I hope those people aren't expecting a pro-pilot company. Loyalty should go both ways, Friend, and shouldn't be limited to those at the top of the seniority list. I, for one, would love for NWA, DAL, UAL to go right back to the prestige and payscales of 09/10/2001. It would be good for all of us. But I hope new hires at these airlines realize the playing field has changed. The company isn't your friend, it's a business.

What is a "pro-company person?"
DB

An anti-union person! Expect questions on how you feel about unions, strikes, etc. Answer you think they are irrelevant and out-dated, and hinder corporate profits and you're in.

They might even attempt to have you sign a piece of paper saying that you forfeit your right to strike as part of the hiring process.

An anti-union person! Expect questions on how you feel about unions, strikes, etc. Answer you think they are irrelevant and out-dated, and hinder corporate profits and you're in.

They might even attempt to have you sign a piece of paper saying that you forfeit your right to strike as part of the hiring process.

Which would be illegal..

Beats commuting and/or night cargo. Regardless of what airline you fly for, we are all doing the same job. The biggest variable that effects your QOL is where you are based. NWA appeals to a lot because of the MSP and DTW bases. Most commuting pilots are pretty miserable regardless of which ailine they fly for.

Are there plenty of dumpsters in the DTW area? I'm thinking about relocating for better diving opportunities.

Latest resources

Back