• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA's accepting Pilot Apps...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about mid 20's, commuting to the worst city on the planet (PHL), married, kids probably on the way, NWA is only hope to ever drive to work in my career...

Ever hear of U-Haul there boss...

I have to agree with him somewhat. Personally I would not move for a regional airline. The bases and contracts are too flexible to commit to. I would move for any major airline, because their bases are much less flexible. Could you imagine NWA closing MSP or DTW as crew bases?

Could you imagine Air Wisconsin closing PHL? never in a million years, it's like chicago.

I can't argue with either point. I just don't want to move. I was simply trying to explain why some of us are happy that they are hiring again. My eggs aren't all in one basket but I sure would like to be based where my current home is so I don't have to move... Chicago will never close... wait... @#$#@*@!!!!!!!!

Just a heads up. My narrowbody friends are working 15/18 days a month and Jr people work even more days. Commuting is not pretty here.

NWA has computer bidding for reserve. You can bid 18 days on, 12 off. You will require 24 off every 7, as well as being 30/7 and rest limited for scheduling. If you live in base it's not bad at all.

Forget Detroit or immediate suburbs - there is some very nice areas west about 30-40 minutes. Call out to check-in is 2.5 hrs, and most assignments are the day before. Housing prices are very good at the moment.

Don't buy all the doom and gloom, and remember those who have left are rationalizing their choices. No one really knows the future at any carrier, and don't take the current state of affairs as your entire future at NWA. At worst use it as a stepping stone to something better.

I found it interesting that NWA has no filter.. You just post your resume, answer a few questions, and boom you're done. Does that mean they are going to look at each and every resume that comes across?

I found it interesting that NWA has no filter.. You just post your resume, answer a few questions, and boom you're done. Does that mean they are going to look at each and every resume that comes across?
Your time doesn't matter, we are looking for pro-company people. The top candidates right now have a very positive history here. Who cares if you have 100000 PIC turbine, this company is not a stepping stone.

Latest resources

Back