Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Tornado Landing Idiots still employed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Moron's what? Moron's got a tiny di¢k? Moron's trailer have a leaky roof? Moron's gonna rely on a newspaper article to form an opinion on what the guys in the cockpit should have done?

Sounds to me that it was The Breath of the Lord that was trying to kill them in the first place! I'm glad the pilots were able to wrestle the plane away from the Lord and get it to Omaha.

But according to an audio recording of communications between the tower and the plane obtained by The Associated Press through the Freedom of Information Act, the pilots were told a storm packing a tornado was fast approaching the airport minutes before the plane got into trouble.
"The weather's moving, you see out there, it's moving towards us from the west, I don't know if you'll beat it in or not," one of the controllers told the pilot around 10:23 p.m.
Less than a minute later the tower radioed the plane to warn of a type of rotating air mass that often produces a tornado.
"Lightning is to the west of us. But I believe the National Weather Service just called us. I don't know what they call it, a quasi mesocyclone, inbound from the southwest," the tower told the plane.
"All right, copy that," the pilot responded.
Harmon said he placed that call about 10:23 p.m. as he and his staff took shelter. The weather service office is at the airport.
"It was close enough that we had to protect ourselves," he said of the "supercell" headed to the airport.
"I told them we had 102 knot (117 mph) incoming winds that were detected at 200 feet off the ground," Harmon said. "I didn't know there was an aircraft on approach."
After Harmon's call to the tower, one of the air traffic controllers told the pilots that if they don't get any response, it means the controllers have left the tower and taken cover themselves.
"That's just a worst case scenario," the controller told the pilot.
"Roger that," she replied.

"2. Following the investigation, the crew was returned to flying."
Good job Occum's- Put the idiots back in the cockpit. 5'6" and bulletproof after meeting the Lord that fine night. Time to get fool's like this out of Scheduled service before a catastrophe.

"BTW, it sounds like the NWA guys did a pretty dag-on good job. And as far as the Little Rock thing goes...at least they didn't come back and try it again."

Dag-on good job?- Lets see ,ignore the fast approaching WX, with reported 102K/200'. Mesocyclone, controllers are abandoning the tower, keep pressing on. Standard procedure these days at NWA? Maybe in Baghdad but to reach the scheduled overnight seems like a stretch. I bet ALPA recommended Mr. and Ms. Tornado chaser for Airman and Airwoman of the year with Occum's presenting the award. Pathetic if it wasn't so true.

Occum's- How's the ALPA National Jihad going? Hitch up your Adult diaper and continue the babbling crusade away from Herndon. If you demonstrate that you can continue ignoring common sense and character you will be a prime candidate for the top floor. Of course selective Amnesia will be required at all times if you desire such a lofty position. You are prime meat to go far in ALPA. Your children will be proud when Daddy reaches the ALPA National Golden Kneepad Inner-circle.

Keep ignoring the facts, par for the course from the Herndon cubicles.

Latest resources

Back