NWA Straw Poll on TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
redflyer65 said:
Why in God's name would the pilots allow the 76-120 seat planes to be flown under any other banner than Northwest is beside me. Fly them at Northwest under your proposed payscales. Is that so hard to achieve?

The company gets the rates they want, and the pilots get job security of not being sold to the highest bidder down the road. This is un-friggen believable.

Everything 77 seats and up will be flown by mainline. The 76 seaters and below will be somewhere else.

The big difference with the 77-110 seaters from the rest of the mainline are less pay and slightly different work rules. The DC9s do not transition to these rates/rules, but pilots from the 9 could be displaced onto the replacement aircraft (probably EMB195s) as the 9s are parked.

Lear70 said:
Maybe I should date your daugher, she probably hates you and would enjoy a night on her knees in front of me just to piss you off.

Cheers! :)

Wow, I guess purple will be impressed with your level of maturity, class, and professionalism.

I didn't know that someone who makes comments like this was the kind of guy that they were looking for.

Guess that explains why I haven't gotten the call,...that and the fact that I don't reside in MeOmfuss.

redflyer65 said:
Tref, I understand what your trying to say, be if everyone believes that then......What JohnDoe said.

Didn't say it wouldn't cause furloughs. Just clarifying that 77-110 seaters would be flown by mainline if the TA is ratified.

Actually, I'm just as worried about the unlimited 78 seat turboprops that they'd be able to use with absolutely no restrictions. Just a coincidence that the Dash8-Q400 has 78 seats? Don't think so.

okcplt said:
Wow, I guess purple will be impressed with your level of maturity, class, and professionalism.

I didn't know that someone who makes comments like this was the kind of guy that they were looking for.

Guess that explains why I haven't gotten the call,...that and the fact that I don't reside in MeOmfuss.
Who said I was interviewing at Purple? Interviews there aren't starting back up until early April, they're just now setting up meet-and-greets.

Incidentally, in case you missed it, I was being facetious and stooping to his level of attack - for my first time EVER on flightinfo. Evidently he's unable to mount an intelligent, well thought-out response to any of the points being argued here regarding the T.A.

But since he doesn't work at Northwest or any of the red-tail fleets, maybe he should stick to arguing about a company he DOES know something about.

And, for the record, with the stated aircraft experience in his profile, to have kids that young he'd either have to have started REALLY late in life on kids or been 18 when hired on at a major to be on the whale by now at ANY legacy carrier. I assumed his kids were in their 20's, as I have a 9 year old myself and I'm 34.

/thread hijack

Yes, if Northwest pilots really believe the DC-9's aren't going away with 76 seat jets on the new FlyI certificate then Northwest is pretty much doomed to the slow death of the junior pilot group. Or maybe NOT so slow at the fast pace Northwest is moving.

Incidentally, if memory serves, Northwest pilots are only entitled to HALF the seats on the 76-seat aircraft. There's a LOT of markets Northwest would like to throw 76-seat aircraft at that the -9's are flying NOW.

Boeingman said:
So why did NWA buy FLYI certificate then? Does this not concern you?

They did it because they were given permission by NWA pilots in November, 2004 to do so under the Bridge Agreement.

The pilot group voted overwhelmingly to allow it. I think they're trying to set up a 3rd Airlink carrier that can be sold off for a profit, as they did with PCL. In that instance, $190-million from the sale was put into the pilot's pension fund. I approve of that.

I'm not concerned about the purchase of the certificate. I will vote for the T/A because I think it is in my best long-term interest to do so.

Occam's Razor said:
They did it because they were given permission by NWA pilots in November, 2004 to do so under the Bridge Agreement.

The pilot group voted overwhelmingly to allow it. I think they're trying to set up a 3rd Airlink carrier that can be sold off for a profit, as they did with PCL. In that instance, $190-million from the sale was put into the pilot's pension fund. I approve of that.

I'm not concerned about the purchase of the certificate. I will vote for the T/A because I think it is in my best long-term interest to do so.

Different ball game this time in 2006. You still don't see what is coming do you? Personally, I don't think the description long term is synonymous with Northwest Airlines.

No comments reference your council 20 rep. recommendation?

Incidentally, in case you missed it, I was being facetious and stooping to his level of attack - for my first time EVER on flightinfo. Evidently he's unable to mount an intelligent, well thought-out response to any of the points being argued here regarding the T.A.

No, I don't believe you'll ever see me post something like that. My teenage years are behind me. Your comments are indicative of the type of person you are. Your mother would be proud. I'm sure that your interviewers will be impressed also. Please let us know how it turns out.

Occam's Razor this buds for you!

:uzi: Let's examine Occam's logic. PCL getting sold is good, because it put 190 million in HIS pocket, Sjet is good too. Becasue it has the potential to be sold and put even more money in his pocket.

Here's another scenario that must make perfect sense if we use Occam's logic.

Occam lives on the first floor of a beachfront condo where he is responsible for the first floor and the grounds surrounding the building. Now, many years ago a bank sold off the seawall in front of this building, they used the money they made to buy some stock back. Occam didn't much care at the time, he was working extra trying to pay for his 3rd wifes new rack. As the years have gone buy, the beach has eroded away right up to Occam's steps. One day, a banker shows up. It's the same bank that sold off the seawall! He tells Occam that he has to FIX the problem because they hold Occam's mortgage. So rather than putting up a fight, by telling the banker to "pack sand" he goes out on his trip and comes up with a plan! Pilots are SUCH can-do guys, and they hate confrontation, so when he gets home,
he goes to the bank, takes out another mortgage and buys a big piece of equipment, he then proceeds to put that machine in his basement and dig out all the dirt underneath his foundation to replenish the beach. But he doesn't stop there, he digs AND SELLS SO much dirt, that he actually MAKES 191 million dollars. Enough money to pay off the bank, AND put 190 million dollars in his pocket! What a smart boy Occam is! Of course, who cares about what's left of the building, Occams is moving/retiring, and who cares about the tenants/pilots he leaves behind! Way to go Occam!

Of course we know what is about to happen, that's right people, a storm is brewing.

I see some of the yes voters posting on this thread. They should really be looked at as what they are. They serve only themselves, they always have, and they always will. They serve up such calm and measured tones, vote yes, now is not the time, the judge will give it to us worse, we will liquidate, we will lose the pension, it's like listening to an NPR DJ.

The reason that this job is where it is right now is because too many pilots just like Occam are at all the airlines. Keep your powder dry he says, what is worth fighting for in your book Occam? We really are going right back to the 1930's aren't we. Do you know when ALPA was formed Occam? Do you know anything about the history of this profession? Do you know about the battles that have been fought so that you have been able to enjoy the career you have? I know, it's market forces, it's the LCC's, it's everybodies fault but yours isn't it. Think again and look in the mirror. The legacies are paying this price because for all those years, the legacy pilots have let ALPA keep giving it away and letting the sand wash out a little more each year. The sand is market share, and feed. It has been let go time and time again, and it has cost a pretty penny. Those RJ's have just about broke all the airlines, and for that cause, well, just keep on looking in that mirror.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back