Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jimdandy

NWA loses all scope in Bankruptcy

Talking to my big wig connection at NWA and they can't wait to get the bankruptcy judge to free up the scope so they can give 100 seaters to mesa and chataqua and replace the diesel9s.

Last edited:
Jimdandy said:
Talking to my big wig connection at NWA and they can't wait to get the bankruptcy judge to free up the scope so they can give 100 seaters to mesa and chataqua and replace the diesel9s.

Shame you nwa guys had a chance to mitigate the damages by proposing a J4J at reputible regional like XJ or 9e. Well 9e is a streach but it sure beats NO flying and watching MESA and Chataqua taking off in your new emb-195. Way to go ALPA keep on holding that LINE.

YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wait a minute NW ALPA still has something up their sleeve for management. Their just holding back to see what management does right? I mean right?.. right..Right?!!!OMG.

Hey JimDandy,
I know, isn't it great that a bunch of guys are going to lose their jobs? YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Can you run the "reputible regional" thing by me again? Also, does your NWA big wig go on to explain how the judge will allow BK NWA to assume such high debt risking its DIP funds buying expensive e195's when dc-9s are paid for reliable airframes that even the scabs can keep running? You sound way too happy that we are in trouble. Watch that negative Karma thing.
Deli

No one would listen to me a few years ago we could of bought some more time at least a year or two.

Last edited:
Hey Jimdandy,
I am sorry. I missed the sarcasm at first. I agree there will be a replacement for the 9. The perfect solution for management would be to outsource the flying to a regional partner. The thing is its not the airplane in their eyes that is inefficient--its the crews. It fits into a broader plan of getting as many mainline pilots off property because they have learned how easy it is to divide and conquer. From a business end, the 9 crews are not inefficient. There is a very high productivity rate.The airplanes are paid for and reliable beyond belief. They are less fuel efficient but compared to mortgage payments, they are cheap. The company has been screaming for scope relief since scope was started. Yes, ALPA did drop the ball on scope. I see a very slow transition to the e 195. I hope ALPA can make the BK judge see that the mainline guys should keep the flying, even if it is at established payrates.
Hey Jim, on the military thing--thats a pretty immature statement. There is not a military guy on the NWA payroll who does not have at least 6 years at NWA. I currently have 7 1/2. I think we are beyond the "welcome period" to the real world. I don't know if you caught the "military retired" part under flight experience, but that means I am no longer a military guy. I left it behind as it was just another part of my life. It also means I am an old fart and I do not know what a left handed cigarette is. And what is a "gonga"? I am proud to say that I do know what a dude is.
deli
P.S. One of my degrees is in History...Duh

Last edited:
Hey Luftstansa 727,

Lufthansa 727 quote
Pinnacle has been tasked to recruit for the DC-9 crews that will fly them shortly.
New carrier is NWJ Northwest Jets.
Friend has been called to interview for the DC-9 positions.

Please put your Gonga down.......please stop smoking the left handed cigarette. (I think I used that correctly) I think your "friend" is fictional and that you are spreading rumors. Oh yea...Duh.

Deli Guy said:
Hey Luftstansa 727,

Lufthansa 727 quote
Pinnacle has been tasked to recruit for the DC-9 crews that will fly them shortly.
New carrier is NWJ Northwest Jets.
Friend has been called to interview for the DC-9 positions.

Please put your Gonga down.......please stop smoking the left handed cigarette. (I think I used that correctly) I think your "friend" is fictional and that you are spreading rumors. Oh yea...Duh.

Touché!!!

NWA ALPA: Protect your scope. I got a 50 seat job. Want a mainline career, somewhere........

Easier said than done.

Stay sane. Your fellow pilot isn't your enemy.

Preparing for Plan B outside this industry

Deli,

And yes the 9s are paid for but nwa will get new airplanes not by financing them but simply by getting some other Newco to buy or lease the airplanes themselves taking much of the risk out acquiring new planes.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back