NWA scope

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jimdandy said:
Talking to my big wig connection at NWA and they can't wait to get the bankruptcy judge to free up the scope so they can give 100 seaters to mesa and chataqua and replace the diesel9s.

Oh yea, everybody "knows" a big wig......I "know" what's going to happen.....etc...etc..... I wouldn't call your friend in the lav truck a big wig.

Shame you nwa guys had a chance to mitigate the damages by proposing a.......

Yea, we shoulda done somethin'. We've just been sittin' 'round, we didn't do anything, 'cuz we ain't that smart.

Last edited:
Do you believe everything you hear.

To make a good decision we must remainn emotionless

Last edited:
I like this part of the zip

OTHER DISTRACTIONS
Now that NWA has filed for bankruptcy protection you can expect
even more media attention to be focused on NWA and it operations.
The seemingly endless barrage of bad news will most likely continue
and intensify in the coming weeks and months. It continues to be
our most important job to leave these distractions outside the
cockpit. Please continue to focus your attention and energy on
conducting safe operations and leave the extraneous issues
surrounding these difficult times to ALPA and its experts

Jimdandy said:
blahblah blah blah propoganda, afraid to seek the truth, denial, etc etc

WTF are you talking about ? The pilots are the only ones who have realized the truth, and the associated problem, and tried to do something about it. The other unions are the ones in denial.

It's not my job to convince you of anything.....you believe your own story irregardless of any opposing data, etc......

A lot of people worked hard to avoid this situation, and for you to summarize their efforts with infantile accusations is bullsh!t. Unless you work here, you don't know what has happened.

Do you believe everything you hear.

No....especially the bullsh!t from you.

320AV8R

Jimdandy quote:
Deli,
You say 9 crews are very cost effiecent.... Huh? Our labor rates are the highest out there. Every block hour we are in the air it is about 770 per a pilot and co-pilot compared to other regionals flying 90 seaters they are at 240 or so an hour.
And yes the 9s are paid for but nwa will get new airplanes not by financing them but simply by getting some other Newco to buy or lease the airplanes themselves taking much of the risk out acquiring new planes.
it seems your seven years out of the military was wasted your quite the sprung chicken.

Hey Jimdandy,
You say "our" labor rates are 770 per hour on the 9. Are you a NW pilot? Now lets qualify that statement. I come up with about 350 and that is for up to 120 seaters--not 90. Also you are mixing apples and oranges. You are comparing that rate with a regional carrier. I am comparing it with majors. NWA Alpa recognizes we need to take consessions. When that happens the 9 will still be (labor wise and price wise)cheaper than the new jets. I agree we need new jets it just won't happen quickly. (Unless there is a merger--then all bets are off)
I guess your big wig fictional pal told you who was going to risk billions of dollars for the e 195's for NW? Look, I do not want to get into name calling, but are you sure you are not just making things up as you go along? I wish I could "simply" find investors like that in my other lines of work. Why did not NWA do that for Pinnacle and Mesaba? We provide them with the airplanes. I have only been out of the military about a year. Its called the reserves. As far as wasting my time, while I was in the reserves and working at NWA, I acquired at least a million dollars worth of real estate. I will be ok without a flying job. Its just a part of my life. Again, I do not know what a sprung chicken is. Are you sure you are not making this stuff up? Gonga....Left handed cigarette....Sprung chicken? Its really hard to take you seriously.

Hey 320AV8R,
Hows it going? I am pretty much going to blow off JimDandy. I think he is a 12 year old who found this web site and is trying to fit in. Have you been checking the MEC web board? Lots of hot topics there. Well, I am off to ....pick up my Gonga...and smoke my left hand cigarette.....over at the sprung chicken club.

Talk about BS

ALPA and its experts?

Sounds like military intelligence, jumbo shrimp, pretty ugly. ALPA has (is) failing us all. The only answer is an SOS!!! But worethless, bebe or any of the council has no balls for this. Good thing woreths salary is not based on an average any longer, he saw the future and fixed that.
Good luck with CH 11 guys. You will need it.

lufthansa B727 said:
Pinnacle has been tasked to recruit for the DC-9 crews that will fly them shortly.

New carrier is NWJ Northwest Jets.

Friend has been called to interview for the DC-9 positions.

I work for 9E and have heard nothing of this.

Deli, your a moron the 770 is documented. It includes a lot of other things like pension, health care, Social security, rigs, etc..

Suffice it to say my point is we should of done something years ago when the writing was on the walls and so dang obvious. This includes all the Unions.

Last edited:
You know Jimdandy, throwing around moron and all the other whacky stuff you spew really takes away from the few things you say that I agree with. I dispute your 770 figure. Bring foward your documentation. That figure may include a dash 50 with FA's

Suffice it to say my point is we should of done something years ago when the writing was on the walls and so dang obvious. This includes all the Unions.
100% agree

As far as apples to oranges you JUST DON'T GET IT. You can't compare yourself to anyone Not regionals no LCC the fact is we are saddled with a butt load of debt so you have to get out of debt how do you do that? Gee i wonder?

I do get it. This is why ALPA has said we will lead the way with consessions. We (this is from my own business experience) need to compete with the LCCs / regionals. That is life. I just do not think we need to run out and start taking $18 an hour in the right seat of a 9 to compete. Hence it is not fair to make the comparison between the regionals and us. We carry more people. I DO think we need to compare our rates with LCC/Jetblue quick. That is just me and I get fired on whenever I say it but that is business. As far as getting out of debt, we just took the first step. BK. Step 2 is going to hurt like hell but pay cuts and furloughs are coming. All we at the junior levels can do is let our ALPA reps know where we stand. My stand is we get any 55+ seat flying, we stay on property, and I don't care if we make industry standard. Step 3 may mean consolidation which is really going to be screwed up. However having said all that, If these management bastards whip us into submission (and we can survive getting screwed by ALPA), I see us being in line with the LCC's.

Look the lot of you are just too stupid to get it. I wish you would take some business class and then talk to me.

Tell me the truth Jimdandy, what have you done with your life that is so great, that we should sit at your feet for wisdom? Do you have a side business? How have you employed your genius? I am not the sharpest tack in the box, but in all my business dealings I find that during negotiations, when someone is trying to indicate I am too stupid to understand something, it usually means they have something to hide or they do not have a good grasp on their subject matter.

Mesa will be doing our 9 flying soon I guarantee it with no J4J provision and that means I'm on the street.

If Alpa screws us, yes we will lose the flying and we will both be on the street. What can you do about it? Call me another crazy name? What we can do is write our mec, try and get others to do so, stay informed, and thats about it. You can't live your life in a panic attack. I am just wondering what its like in your cockpit when a red light comes on. I really do not like being cutting like this, but reread your posts and tell me if you think they are kind of insulting to others.

Why because 747 rich daddy needs his pension to pay for his 3 x wives.

Agreed. I hate to say it but those senior guys will probably need to be taking a pay cut.

Jimdandy said:
Well crizz you will have to excuse me I'm not the most sensitive of guys.

Us Saab grunts can get a little uptight about things when a jet person complains about how tough they got it or they got the jet because they are somehow better. This is what I thought you were doing(I was wrong). I jumped on you a little too hard my bag. But you other 3 percent jet jockey scum who are a bunch of pre-madonnas you disgust me.

peace,

Jim

All you have to do is read thru his post's, Jimdandy is not mainline. He is Mesaba

Latest resources

Back