• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Retirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Met a new-hire '07 Delta pilot yesterday at LAX. His quote, "Last year I was at Pinnacle, now I am going to be senior to NWA '99 hires."

Just a little quote to remind us how the DAL proposal is a fricking absurd, unrealistic and greedy proposal. Hey, DALPA, YOU ARE NUMBER ONE(insert Bird here)!!!!

Last edited:
That doesn't sound right, FBN. I think myself and one of my classmates were the only former 9E people proposed to be integrated in with 99 hires...and I haven't been anywhere close to LAX for months, and I know the other one hasn't either.

Calling BS on that one.

Yeah, the next guy hired from 9e was in class in August or so... hence my suspision.

Yeah, the next guy hired from 9e was in class in August or so... hence my suspision.

Well the guy said he worked for Pinnacle. In any case, if you go to the DAL proposed list you will see 2007 Delta Newbies placed in front of NWA 1999 nine-year seasoned pilots. To hear Delta guys defend this and their proposal is truly comical.

Reminds me of that Rodney Dangerfield movie where the professor asks, "And where shall we place our factory?"
Rodney, "How about Fantasyland!!!"

I personally don't think I'll be integrated in with 99 newhires. Ratio-wise (and current bidding power) it makes sense, but it would ruffle too many feathers.

I personally don't think I'll be integrated in with 99 newhires. Ratio-wise (and current bidding power) it makes sense, but it would ruffle too many feathers.

AWA newhires were integrated with 1990 hires at USAir, and Nicelau thought that was fair. Did Greenbooks think what they were given was fair? Redbooks don't care what other people think.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Met a new-hire '07 Delta pilot yesterday at LAX. His quote, "Last year I was at Pinnacle, now I am going to be senior to NWA '99 hires."

Just a little quote to remind us how the DAL proposal is a fricking absurd, unrealistic and greedy proposal. Hey, DALPA, YOU ARE NUMBER ONE(insert Bird here)!!!!

USAir East guys thought the same, but relative seniority is the way to go---nobody moves from current position in the company. If your company stayed stagnate (no expansion), and the other company hired for expansion, there is NO reason to penalize the expanding company's pilots. Nope. Nicelau didn't think so.

And, if you are going to use my quote about being number 1, you need to pay me royalties. :)

Bye Bye--General Lee

True, and there will be no chance for a negotiated list. We will wait and see what our arbitrators come up with. Love it or hate it, we will get to life with it.

I agree, that I hold the same bidding power as the NWA brethren I was slotted in with. If it were a straight ratio, I would loose about 300 to 400 slots. About one category of equipment.

Latest resources

Back