• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Position Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to hear that. I wish there's something Wychor can do about this situation.
Captain Wychor isn't the MSA MEC Chair anymore. He's working for National as the Organizing Committee Chairman.

Did you take the job at NWA, or are you sticking around?

Just want to make sure I got this right from an earlier post.

Reserve 11 or 12 days off
30day month has 11 and 31day month has 12
Line holders 12 to 15 days off
Depends on how much you fly. Avg 14 with 84 to 88 credit hrs.
Is this per month (30/31 days)
Don't know what the ? is but we have 30 and 31 day months.
Is DTW still a junior base?
Sorta!
Has anyone been awarded the Bus (A320)?
You are not afraid of the 9 are you? That is not the kind of people we are looking for...;)

Later

Last edited:
Please read this carefully:

We are interviewing MSA and PCL pilots.

(That verb was chosen for it's singular veracity)

The Flow Thru DOES matter! No vote yet...WTF?

I can't tell MSA pilots what to do on it, but I think they need to fast-track it. The NWA MEC is a bit "preoccupied" (<-- "PC" term for squabbling like 4-year olds) right now, so they won't do a lot of pushing. It'll be up to you to pull.

Good luck!

Please read this carefully:

We are interviewing MSA and PCL pilots.

(That verb was chosen for it's singular veracity)

The Flow Thru DOES matter! No vote yet...WTF?

I can't tell MSA pilots what to do on it, but I think they need to fast-track it. The NWA MEC is a bit "preoccupied" (<-- "PC" term for squabbling like 4-year olds) right now, so they won't do a lot of pushing. It'll be up to you to pull.

Good luck!

WTF are you talking about? I'm about to take a job there, I need to know.

First 'Bus offering in Feb.

I don't get that at all. There were only 4 awards for Bus FO on the April APA. Seems like Feb. newhires would be hitting the line right about April. If they need Bus FOs for April, why not just award them off the APA instead of giving them to newhires?

Keep in mind, I'm new here and still have next to no understanding of the bidding process, so if I just asked a stupid question feel free to ignore me :)

Hi Guys,

An update as far as the thread topic is concerned:

The age 65 thing has reared its ugly head at NWA.

You can usually tell how well the planning is going at NWA by the timing of the position awards every month.

IF they know what they're doing and where the airline is going, the awards are early, say around the 17th or 18th.

If they don't, it's usually published on the contractual date (the 20th). If they REALLY don't know, then it's to the hour the contract requires.

Anyway, this month's award was published at the very last minute, and was 1/2 the size of the last two, and 1/3 the size of the 4 month average. There was VERY little movement, and almost no captain awards.

I'd say that movement has come to a screeching halt. There were no displacements on this award, but withthe ROPES coming back, that can only be around the corner once they figure out who is doing what.

You should factor this into any decisions that you make.

Nu

Thanks NuGuy,

Please keep the info coming. Do you know how many ANC 47-200 SO they slot in each class?? I would hate to show up for class, and find out i'll be sent to ANC without much early warnings. (I'm pretty sure i'll be the bottom couple guys in class)

I need to make some decisions relatively soon:)

Merry X'mas!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back