• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Position Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can someone already in NW explain how international trips work for you guys. I know you guys fly some routes out of NRT to other parts of Asia. My questions is how do those trips start for you guys? Are they 4 day trips? Do you guys fly from lets say DTW to NRT and then a Manila turn and then back to DTW 2 days later? Any explanations would be very helpful.

Can someone already in NW explain how international trips work for you guys. I know you guys fly some routes out of NRT to other parts of Asia. My questions is how do those trips start for you guys? Are they 4 day trips? Do you guys fly from lets say DTW to NRT and then a Manila turn and then back to DTW 2 days later? Any explanations would be very helpful.

Heyas Don,

Most of the Pacific stuff involves long trips, say 10-12 days.

First day, you fly out to NRT, then you do inter-pacific stuff for 8-10 days, then fly back the last day.

Nu

For many...yup.

The key here is the verb. "Make" involves dragging your aging carcass out of the rack at 0500 for the commute to your 13-day Pacific funfest.

That flying makes 40-year olds age like the picture of Dorian Gray. Seen any of the "In Memoriam" notices for the ROPE's doing that stuff now?

There will be a few hardy mooks who'll hang on, but I think the impact will be less than we think.
I agree with Occam here. Also, NWA is not going to displace the whole airline to accommodate the ropes. It's much cheaper to throw them all on the 400 and give them crap ass schedules. At that point their difference in pay between staying and retiring is negligible.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back