• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was supposed to be in the June 9th class. Think that was the last class actually scheduled. Was told I was around 40 in the pool when they decided to cancel classes. At that time they were saying the last class would be April 28th. Since that class was cancelled I would assume I would be around 52 or so...

General Lee,

I read your post a few back, and I talked to the Manager of HR at NWA last week. I was in the April 28th class, and am still waiting to hear any information. HR told me that he does not see any need for pilots between now and April (pool rights expire for me in April.) He said they have different teams working on transitions, and is not sure if he will be in the loop when it comes to hiring again. No one wants to commit to anything, and very few have the info to make an educated guess. I have heard rumblings of guys taking the stock and leaving shortly after the integration. I just hope my pool rights hang on long enough. HR also said that most likely we(NWA Poolies) will have to go through the Delta process when it comes time to hire. He also said that it seems obvious to him, that if you were in the pool, you are highly qualified, and the new Delta would likely take that into consideration. Most of the info was non-commital(spelling?). Good luck to the poolies

General Lee,

I read your post a few back, and I talked to the Manager of HR at NWA last week. I was in the April 28th class, and am still waiting to hear any information. HR told me that he does not see any need for pilots between now and April (pool rights expire for me in April.) He said they have different teams working on transitions, and is not sure if he will be in the loop when it comes to hiring again. No one wants to commit to anything, and very few have the info to make an educated guess. I have heard rumblings of guys taking the stock and leaving shortly after the integration. I just hope my pool rights hang on long enough. HR also said that most likely we(NWA Poolies) will have to go through the Delta process when it comes time to hire. He also said that it seems obvious to him, that if you were in the pool, you are highly qualified, and the new Delta would likely take that into consideration. Most of the info was non-commital(spelling?). Good luck to the poolies

That is not very encouraging.

I agree, I think it will be a while before anyone really has a good grasp on things. Good Luck Poolies.

that doesn't make sense to me... that NWA spent all that money to interview some 50 to 100 people and then just forget about them...just to have Delta re-interverview them....or not.

that doesn't make sense to me... that NWA spent all that money to interview some 50 to 100 people and then just forget about them...just to have Delta re-interverview them....or not.

If the rumors about the potential hiring come true then you should be on in no time. The HR people arent going to commit to anything until after the SLI IMHO. Once thats over we will likely see what the real plan is going to be. We'll see

Frankly, it is relatively cheap to interview here at DAL. It is retired folks and line pilots that do it for minimal money. They do it to control what comes in the door.

The most expensive part of the DAL interview was probably getting a van taking applicants to uptown and see the shrink and getting back. Oh, and the shrink probably got a sweet heart deal from DAL as well:)

Good luck to all the nwa poolies.. I went thru both nwa/dal interviews, and i gotta say, nwa's much easier and relaxing atmosphere. Just fly the darn whale, make a holding pattern and come land. How hard is it? The Delta interview requires you to study up, know which side is up/down, mental math, and the tough part, pass the shrink!

Latest resources

Back