NWA Pilots passed TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YourPilotFriend said:
Even if it means...hrmm....throwing those PNCL and MES to the bottom of the list.

Great idea! Brillliant!! The NWA pilot group would have flow-back rights and protect their jobs as well. I'd be all over that in a heartbeat.

crashpad said:
Great idea! Brillliant!! The NWA pilot group would have flow-back rights and protect their jobs as well. I'd be all over that in a heartbeat.

Thats right, it does protect their jobs and yours. Don't you see this is about protecting scope. Sometimes you have to jump on your own sword to protect your future and the future of fellow pilots. Understand that if NWA pilots lose scope they will liquidate the company. If you think your going to get 70 seat airplanes at mesaba at good pay rates without scope; your dreaming. If you have a unified list you have way more bargining power. One company logo, one contract, one group of pilots. If you lose scope, it's a race to the bottom.

YourPilotFriend said:
Thats right, it does protect their jobs and yours. Don't you see this is about protecting scope. Sometimes you have to jump on your own sword to protect your future and the future of fellow pilots. Understand that if NWA pilots lose scope they will liquidate the company. If you think your going to get 70 seat airplanes at mesaba at good pay rates without scope; your dreaming. If you have a unified list you have way more bargining power. One company logo, one contract, one group of pilots. If you lose scope, it's a race to the bottom.
Well-said !!

From a PCL CRJ driver, I'd gladly "take one for the team" with a downgrade or voluntary furlough doing something else for a few years in order to get ONE LIST with Scope language that keeps the restrictions in place.

That said, I don't think we'll ever see it - the judge would never approve something so contrary to "industry average"; that's what he's supposed to be looking for in the 1113(c) filing.

Good luck, keep as much scope as you possibly can, and let us know if/when you need us to walk the picket line with you. Did it during Mesaba's picketing in the dead of winter in DTW, I'll do it again for NWA in MSP if need be.

STOP THE DOWNWARD SLIDE !!!

YourPilotFriend said:

I know, I know, it just looks like he is trying to screw you. When all he really has is his hand on your hips and you're grabbing your ankles.

Really, he is protecting you (bullsh!t) while you are "jumping on your own sword".

Don't worry after he flowsback and takes your job he'll give back after a few years and goes back to mainline.

CFIT said:
I know, I know, it just looks like he is trying to screw you. When all he really has is his hand on your hips and you're grabbing your ankles.

Really, he is protecting you (bullsh!t) while you are "jumping on your own sword".

Don't worry after he flowsback and takes your job he'll give back after a few years and goes back to mainline.

If there is one list everyone is mainline silly. I'm not out to screw anybody; I'm here to help stop what happened to me from happening to other people, thats why I joined this forum. What prevents NWA from giving PNCL the airbus aircraft or any other company for that matter. You do know northwest doesn;t own any of it's airplanes, it could be gone tomorrow and nobody will even know what happened. All of upper management no longer has a stake in the company, the only ones who do are the employee's. If we don;t take control of this right now, it's going to be much worse than you could imagine.

What prevents NWA from giving PNCL the airbus aircraft

We still haven't figured out the crj, god save the flying public if we were to fly an airbus.
I can see it now.

"I went from 0 hours to an airbus in only 8 months!"

ND Pilot,
\

I don't think many people are worried about you safely flying the Airbus. People are concerned with the payrates going down the proverbial toilet. I could just see pncl offering a 5 dollar override for all narrowbod aircraft....

YourPilotFriend said:
I think the key for us here at NWA is a unified seniority list to make sure anybody flying an airplane with the Northwest paint scheme is a NWA pilot. Even if it means...hrmm....throwing those PNCL and MES to the bottom of the list.

OK Professor, how would you handle seniority integration,furloughs and recalls on the integrated list?

Fly4hire said:
OK Professor, how would you handle seniority integration,furloughs and recalls on the integrated list?

I know It would be messy at first, however, you have to look long term on this one. I know the proposal that northwest has out for newco. There is no other truthful information out there except what has been filed in the courts. The other stuff is propaganda and rumors. Management wants a totally new contract with NewCo pilots maybe less pay maybe different terms, nobody knows.

Also you said in another post that XJ/PNCL have no rights to newco flying. if thats the case then why do we have any right to newco flying. By that logic we have rights to XJ/PNCL flying they are getting 70 seat airplanes thats above our 55 seat limit. Anybody who flys an airplane with the northwest paint scheme has the rights to fly any northwest airplane. The latter mentality is a dangerous way of thinking and has put us in the postion we are in today.

Latest resources

Back