Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

nwa pilots nordo for 3 hours, not 45 minutes.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This article states Three Hours and 91 minutes. Not I am not Rocket Scientist, but TOC to MSP out of SAN is not 91 minutes. Lots of numbers conflicting each other in this article.

I don't feel like searching news articles or posts, but does anyone know why the fighters were holding on the ground? Even after 91 minutes seems like they should have been sent up either for security reasons or something similar to the Helios incident. I guess it's a good thing they weren't headed to DC.

I don't feel like searching news articles or posts, but does anyone know why the fighters were holding on the ground? Even after 91 minutes seems like they should have been sent up either for security reasons or something similar to the Helios incident. I guess it's a good thing they weren't headed to DC.

The news is reporting that there is a discrepancy over how long the flight was NORDO (they claim either 3 hours or 77 minutes), but it is undisputed that for whatever reason, the FAA did not contact NORAD until just a few minutes before the flight landed. The military is supposedly "furious" that they were not contacted earlier. I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of the story eventually.

Sources told FOX News there were three NORDO's --- or non-contacts -- the first one occurring shortly after the plane reached cruising altitude out of San Diego. The military was not notified until after the third NORDO -- which occurred as the plane approached Minneapolis.

Maybe they count a NORDO as a missed call or missed check in. Do you think the military should be alerted every time you ask the other pilot, "did I already check in?"

Qcappy, quite being a jackass. The fact that it's being reported as without communication for 3 hours total is news. I agree that I want to see the source of the information rather than relying 100 percent upon the report, but quite frankly your random comments concerning crackpipes and drinking early is more juvenile than either an incorrect report from fox news or my reporting a potentially incorrect report from fox news.

Actually, my comment on the crackpipe is a reference to people who watch FOX news and think it is actual news. It's like someone who uses crack and thinks that their own personal crazy thoughts are actually what's going on.

My reference to you drinking is in response to your post that made it look as if you had been drinking. Read what you posted. Does it really make sense?

I prefer to find a source document before spouting off on a web board. It adds to your credibility.

I have no problem with your not understanding that there's a significant difference between what was previously suggested and 3 hours, starting at top of climb.

But going negative on fox is out of line. It's not my fault, nor fnn's fault that so few people watch your network, no matter what network that is.

Fox news now there is a credible source LOL. I suppose if you believe that Britney spears is more important than what is really going on that is the channel to turn to. I often watch papa bear aka Bill O'Reilly getting torn apart by Steven Colbert for a good laugh. If you are looking for credible news The Colbert report has more in 30 minutes than 24 hours of Fox. Enjoy Bill "Papa Bear" O"Reilly getting beat down on his own show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QquTUR9nbC4

Latest resources

Back