Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

nwa pilots nordo for 3 hours, not 45 minutes.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

I knew 2 guys that flew about 2 1/2 hours, through the center of the US, with no ATC contact because they were arguing about religon the whole time.

So, I guess Congress will want to outlaw talking in the cockpit? Sterile cockpit from pushback to block in???

cliff
NBO

Sources told FOX News there were three NORDO's --- or non-contacts -- the first one occurring shortly after the plane reached cruising altitude out of San Diego.

This doesn't make sense. First, their terminology is screwed up, a 'NORDO' is an aircraft not in radio contact. Second, I don't think the author means there were three aircraft not in radio contract I'm guessing he means NWA188 went out of radio contact three separate times. In other words they missed a radio call three times. The last one is really the only one that matters. If this is the case I would say the original estimate of 78 minutes is closer to the actual time of no radio contact.

I'm guessing the author misunderstood something he read or something someone told him. It makes sense to me that a crew that would fly a significant amount of time without contacting anyone may have missed a few calls before that.

Schooled? You realize Colbert was in character right?

In character huh. Do you think that someone as serious as Bill O'Reilly would go for someone coming on his show and making fun of everything he says and stands for? I doubt it he got beat at his own game and pretty bad. Furthermore lets just say for the sake of argument that he was in character, that just shows how serious a news network Fox actually is if they have interviews with characters.

Hi!

Brett Favre is AWESOME!
I am NOT an NFL Fan, but I LUV the Vikings!!! If they aren't in the Super Bowl, then I don't care.

cliff
NBO

Latest resources

Back