NWA pilots headed to Netjets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ghostrider64 said:
Nevermind. I'm sure NWA will come out of all of this smelling like a rose, a vibrant profitable company that will never furlough again or ask for concessions and no NWA pilot will ever need to think about life like us lowly Teamsters again. Let alone actually working with us. Untill you turn 60 of course then you wont care because you'll be financially set and it will only be a part time job for you.

BTW our contract gives all of us the option to honor any picket line or not. No vote needed. Do you have a clause like this in yours?

And no I don't shop at Walmart, I prefer to give my hard earned $ to a corporation that respects it's employees and their Union. It's called Costco.

PS perhaps you might ask your MEC to send our little MEC a note that says we look forward to working with you. Just in case. Or not.

Typical flamebait response that makes-up things that were never even remotely debated in the thread....because it sounds better. Whatever makes you feel more like a man dude.... No Costco's where I live.
PS. Your money is no harder earned than anyone else's..
icon31.gif

... Untill you turn 60 of course then you wont care because you'll be financially set ...

Wow -- thanks for setting my mind at ease, ghostrider! The Spouse was getting a little concerned, what with the pension being in serious jeopardy, and the whole airline going down the tubes and all.

Guess we can sleep easy tonight, and take our house off the market!

No problem 81horse seems most of the over 60's wives can't stand them around the house that much and send them back on the road. Kind of like a vacation if you have the right frame of mind. Fortunately we are hiring.

F-UM,
They just can't seem to get their foots' out of their mouths' and as a matter of fact they just stick-um in deeper.
Don't give NWA pilots pref interviews.
At least us Flyi guys appreciated it instead of giving attitude.
It seems like the only thing that NWA guys have to offer NJ is attitude.
You'll have to put up with years of "well this is how we did it at Northwest so your doing it wrong".
F-UM. Let them sell cars or insurance. That should humble them.

P.S.
My views are simply that, MINE, I do not speek for anyone but myself!!

Last edited:
ghostrider64 said:
We just are a group that as a whole respects all Unions and is willing to go through our own hell to support them.

Really? That's interesting. Didn't the Teamsters just agree to represent the pseudo-SCABs at HoJet last week? Doesn't seem to be very respectful of the ALPA pilots at Trans States that are fighting this alter-ego attack.

Nowhere in the above chain of posts did a NW pilot fail to appreciate a foot-in-the-door at NJ. Fact is, most NW pilots don't know about it -- and neither did you all. It first appeared in an email from and to NW furloughees. It hasn't got a dammed thing to do with a massive interview program if NW goes Tango Uniform, and it probably was never an official outreach of the NW MEC as a whole.

And ghostrider, it's The Spouse's pension we would like to see preserved as frozen (at least) -- and not slashed to PBGC levels. Do you find this funny? After over twenty years of service?

If you "respect all unions" as you claim, why do you not respect twenty years (and more) of contractual guarantees and benefits for NW pilots and their families? Why would you make an asshat joke like you did above?

Last edited:
Look

This post is filled with NJ pilots expressing their support for you and your fellow employees and is also filled with NW pilots questioning NJ pilot's good-will with skepticism and ill-will. I concider this failure to appreciate!
There are also NW pilots directing the blame for NWA current position at their FA's and mechanics.

What gives?

PCL_128 said:
Really? That's interesting. Didn't the Teamsters just agree to represent the pseudo-SCABs at HoJet last week? Doesn't seem to be very respectful of the ALPA pilots at Trans States that are fighting this alter-ego attack.
It's not an aviation-based Teamsters Local.

There's actually a letter out from one of the Teamster's MEC's basically bashing the Teamsters for aggreeing to represent them and asking them to reconsider their position of doing so.

I wouldn't bash the work that the NetJets MEC has done, their union has been a class act since the new team took over. I think OUR Association could use a little "spring cleaning" with new leadership in some key positions, but I digress.

ghostrider is right about one thing: a lot of age 60+ spouses kicked their retired airline husbands out the door to sit the panel when I was at Express One,,, and they were glad to go. :D

The Citation X- Where airline pilots go to die.

PS this isn't a place where you can come and "hang" while your on strike just to go back later.

Last edited:
Diesel said:
The Citation X- Where airline pilots go to die.
ROFLMAO !!!

Too much like real work, eh? ;)

How many furloughed USAirways guys came over there and how many are left? Just curious...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back