Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
320AV8R said:
GR64-

I'm not sure which JS guy met with your guys, but I would be surprised if either one was anything less than respectable to your rep. You have a very professional pilot group & should be treated as such.

320AV8R

I don't know why you seem so surprised every time you hear this type of info, 320AV8R. Some of your fellow pilots at NWA have been such blatant a-holes about the jumpseat that NWA now has the reputation in the industry of having the most punitive and political jumpseat in the business.

Apparently, some of them haven't figured out that their beef is with management, and seem to think that LLC pilots are the bane of the earth. Every airline has their a-holes, but yours seem to be "Loud 'n' Proud". Maybe the rest of you guys at NWA should throw a blanket party for these idiots.

NetJets has traditionaly opened their doors to pilot groups in need by offering job fairs. The NJA hiring department is first rate and its my impression the folks at NWA take offense to being seen as a pilot group who needs help.

Ty Webb said:
I don't know why you seem so surprised every time you hear this type of info, 320AV8R. Some of your fellow pilots at NWA have been such blatant a-holes about the jumpseat that NWA now has the reputation in the industry of having the most punitive and political jumpseat in the business.

Apparently, some of them haven't figured out that their beef is with management, and seem to think that LLC pilots are the bane of the earth. Every airline has their a-holes, but yours seem to be "Loud 'n' Proud". Maybe the rest of you guys at NWA should throw a blanket party for these idiots.

I would agree with you. When I was at Independence Air some NWA guys would give me S*$t and ask if I flew the A320 and told me the only reason they were letting me on was because of ALPA. Then the A-holes don't even back their own work groups.

Green go find a book about unions and read it, could help. you do know how to read don't you?

Netjets has been honoring the mechanics strike from the start. Apparently we are the only ones that are. We aren't turning wrenches we are refusing to fly on any NWA plane. We're not mom, dad and the kids buying tickets 8 months in advance for that 68 dollar ride to florida. We purchase Y or F class fares 2 hours before the flight leaves at over 1000 a day. You should see the amount of hotel rooms that are bought.

As for jumpseating... By the way my wife wouldn't even let me in her jumpseat... i think it's a waste. I can never offer recipricapacity (sp) to another pilot. I can't tell you where the flight is going and when it's going to get there, or if it even gets there. Our job is too fluid, too flexible, and the planes divert too many places. So no using jumpseats for what? It's a waste. Besides we get to keep all our airline miles.

And yes we will honor your line (alpa) too if you guys strike.

Diesel said:
Netjets has been honoring the mechanics strike from the start. Apparently we are the only ones that are. We aren't turning wrenches we are refusing to fly on any NWA plane. We're not mom, dad and the kids buying tickets 8 months in advance for that 68 dollar ride to florida. We purchase Y or F class fares 2 hours before the flight leaves at over 1000 a day. You should see the amount of hotel rooms that are bought.

As for jumpseating... By the way my wife wouldn't even let me in her jumpseat... i think it's a waste. I can never offer recipricapacity (sp) to another pilot. I can't tell you where the flight is going and when it's going to get there, or if it even gets there. Our job is too fluid, too flexible, and the planes divert too many places. So no using jumpseats for what? It's a waste. Besides we get to keep all our airline miles.

And yes we will honor your line (alpa) too if you guys strike.

Dude, they just don't get "strong union".

General Lee said:
Maybe they are refusing to fly back to their homes or "bases" on NW from their tours of duty. That could send a message, and most of their tickets are spur of the moment, probably high cost.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I call Bull Shist on this one. I see NJ pilots all the time on my flights.

don't get NJI and NJA confused.

Or you might confuse us with an options or flex or CS guy.

All the fractions look the same to you guys.

SplitBar said:
I call Bull Shist on this one. I see NJ pilots all the time on my flights.

Someone else already tried to explain this one, but I'll give it a try again. The NJA agreement is; a pilot can refuse to fly on NWA unless it conflicts with the 14hr duty day or they can't get home by 12am on the last day. I believe that is the deal. hell of a lot more then any alpa pilot is doing.

Hawker dude said:
Someone else already tried to explain this one, but I'll give it a try again. The NJA agreement is; a pilot can refuse to fly on NWA unless it conflicts with the 14hr duty day or they can't get home by 12am on the last day. I believe that is the deal. hell of a lot more then any alpa pilot is doing.

Can you point to that in the contract? I think 23.8 addresses the situation but I don't see relief for the last-day issue. I thought the company's ability to assign NWA on the last day was allowable under the last contract. Is that still the case with the new contract because I can't find anything that addresses that situation.

Had a bunch of guys take the long way home to msp lately. 2 legs just to avoid NWA. Plus a bunch more expensive for the company

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back