NWA pilots headed to Netjets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guitar Guy said:
Can you point to that in the contract? I think 23.8 addresses the situation but I don't see relief for the last-day issue. I thought the company's ability to assign NWA on the last day was allowable under the last contract. Is that still the case with the new contract because I can't find anything that addresses that situation.

OK. maybe not officially in the contract, but I live in MSP and have been told by Shcedulling and the union that there is an agreement that the company is honoring the wishes of the pilots to boycott NWA. god, idiot.

Picket Line:

You can refuse a NWA mainline flight at the start, middle, or end of your tour.

The last day issue is in regards to realistic/unrealistic scheduling for pay purposes. Last time I checked the Union is looking into that issue. The company is tracking crewmembers who refuse and crewmembers who accept NWA mainline flights. They don't want you "selectivley" using your contractual rights to refuse NWA mainline flights.

Your rights include no discipline or discharge for refusing to cross a primary picket line.

Jumpseat:

A new policy forbids friends traveling of reposition flights. Only immediate family.

NWA ALPA:

Rumor has it the NWA MEC asked NetJets if they could have preferential hiring for their furloughed pilots. Sounds like they didn't contact our Union IBT local 1108 before going to our managment. In the email I saw they are quoting first year pay of 46,000 to top pay at year 12 of 198,000.

Hawker dude said:
OK. maybe not officially in the contract, but I live in MSP and have been told by Shcedulling and the union that there is an agreement that the company is honoring the wishes of the pilots to boycott NWA. god, idiot.

Dude - lighten up. I was just wondering what the current situation was. I turned down an NWA brief a few months ago (before the new contract) and because I'm not based in MSP, I wasn't certain what the current situation is, especially for returning home on the last day. I rarely got airlined on NWA anyways but I just wanted to know what we can or cannot turn down on our briefs.

Anyways, hopefully this thread hijack is over. Back to the regularly-scheduled topic

been-there said:
Picket Line:

You can refuse a NWA mainline flight at the start, middle, or end of your tour.

The last day issue is in regards to realistic/unrealistic scheduling for pay purposes. Last time I checked the Union is looking into that issue. The company is tracking crewmembers who refuse and crewmembers who accept NWA mainline flights. They don't want you "selectivley" using your contractual rights to refuse NWA mainline flights.

Your rights include no discipline or discharge for refusing to cross a primary picket line.

Jumpseat:

A new policy forbids friends traveling of reposition flights. Only immediate family.

NWA ALPA:

Rumor has it the NWA MEC asked NetJets if they could have preferential hiring for their furloughed pilots. Sounds like they didn't contact our Union IBT local 1108 before going to our managment. In the email I saw they are quoting first year pay of 46,000 to top pay at year 12 of 198,000.

so no jumpseats?

and is that the pay for the BBJ at the 12 year or any equip?

treetopflyer said:
and is that the pay for the BBJ at the 12 year or any equip?

$198,361 is for a captain on the reserve schedule after 10 years in a Class 4 aircraft, not just 10 years at NJA. The only Class 4 aircraft currently at NJA is the Falcon 2000EX/EASy. The G-IV and G-V aircraft are also Class 4. The BBJ, however, is Class 5. For a BBJ captain, the pay at year 10 (in that program) is $193,671 for the 7/7 schedule or $229,851 for the reserve schedule.

General Lee said:
Maybe they are refusing to fly back to their homes or "bases" on NW from their tours of duty. That could send a message, and most of their tickets are spur of the moment, probably high cost.

General-

HaHaHa.....

Nothing at NWA is high cost ! Good one.

320AV8R

Ty Webb said:
I don't know why you seem so surprised every time you hear this type of info, 320AV8R. Some of your fellow pilots at NWA have been such blatant a-holes about the jumpseat that NWA now has the reputation in the industry of having the most punitive and political jumpseat in the business.

Apparently, some of them haven't figured out that their beef is with management, and seem to think that LLC pilots are the bane of the earth. Every airline has their a-holes, but yours seem to be "Loud 'n' Proud". Maybe the rest of you guys at NWA should throw a blanket party for these idiots.

Ty-

I guess I'm "surprised" because all the Jumpseaters on all of my fights have been treated very well. We've had commuter, legacy, cargo & LCC pilots ride along. We're talking JetBlue, SWA, PCL, Gemini, FedEx, UPS, UAL, DAL, AMR, and about 20 others.

I guess I treat everyone with respect, no matter who they work for. I can't control all the a-holes out there. If what you say is true..... that NWA has become a jumpseating nightmare..... I'd make plans to try someone else first. Sorry for the inconvenience.

320AV8R

Well I for one refused a NWA flight due to the mechanics flight when it started and haven't been scheduled on them since. I made gold in the NWA program by August of last year. So I would say that there has been a tangible revenue loss attributed to my refusal to fly NWA.

As for the jumpseat issue, perhaps knowing that NWA MEC is interested in parking their pilots here at NJA, the jumpseat issue may be favorable to NJA pilots? If not how will those recently furloughed/striking pilots be able to get to their new NJA Domicile of DAL, LAX or PBI?

I just think this whole damned thing is interesting becuase it wasn't so very long ago we were looked at like the scurge of aviation. Yet today there has been this miraculous influx of 121 folks.

I personally feel that ALPA is in big trouble if they can't see fit to honor a striking Union even if they had previous axes to grind. Perhaps if they did you wouldn't be in this spiral to the bottom that seems to be happening.

Call me a bit militant but hey I think my thoughts are pretty close to the majority that voted in our contract.

Diesel, you're absolutely right. I used to see Netjets guys daily in the terminals (especially DTW and some MSP) but only saw exactly ONE crew the entire month of February. I said a long time ago I wanted one of your ties, hopefully I'll get the chance to wear one full-time before long.

Today I was hearing the same information about Northwest, that if they DO go on strike, they will be given preferrential interviews just like the FlyI guys and gals a few months ago. Didn't hear ANYTHING about getting any preferential treatment at this exact moment... but then again I don't work for Northwest, just one of the feeders and I keep my ear to the ground. :)

Lear 70 common over the water is fine. It's usually caribbean water though but it's still warm and nice.

I don't think a NWA pilot should get any preferential treatment over a regional pilot. They are of the both same union. The Regional hasn't gotten a shot at the "show" and deserves a chance. I'm not saying NJ is the "show" but it's pretty damn good.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back