NWA Leather Jackets........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xjhawk

Here is a funny story....but one thing first. I have my preference, i like them, whenever i see one, i think..."wow, a comfortable, warm, long lasting, and multi-functional coat to be used at work and look cool on overnights." That said.... last year i tried to get my airline to get them. I got a bad reaction from many.......i think they are one card shy of a full deck.....

Anyways, I was non-reving on a NWA flight and was talking to a NWA guy who was doing the same thing, who seemed like a nice guy.....but here goes the story. The first officer came back to talk to us, i saw his leather jacket, and mentioned how cool they were. He said he has gotten a lot of flack for having it. He said that many at NWA equat the new leather jackets as being a symbol of their lower pay and bad work rules.....he basically said the leather jacket made his life more comfortable and he thought those who thought that were idiots. Meanwhile, that other NWA pilot who was nonreving, had a scowl on his face and was shaking his head, obviously at the leather jacket.......

Now I say this.....southwest airlines has those same jackets......and their work rules are great.........so it must not be the leather jackets......and those attitudes by those who hate the jackets, they must hate themselves.....

I forsee if NWA buys XJ, the XJ pilots will be hated even more than those leather jackets.......I will say this.....i have known many NWA pilots....most are cool.......so to those of you who are NWA pilots.....and hate the new jackets...ask yourself why??????? Oh, if you do not like the jacket, do not buy one......this has been just a story.......not meant to offend anyone....even PETA (well, i do not care if i offend them!)

Why would you equate NWA buying Mesaba to the NWA pilots hating Mesaba folks. There you be no merger of any seniority list as the plan would be to buy you dirt cheap, pay off your management, and then operate Mesaba as a separate company (like we did with Pinnacle, Delta with Comair, ASA ). In a couple of years, IPO you or sell again for big money.

I am sure there aren't too many folks thinking we were going to merge with Mesaba..... Not that flying a Saab wouldnt be fun in the summer.

as far as the leather jackets go, there have been some outspoken guys that spout the "lack of Professionalism" rant about them, but who the hell cares. Most of the pilot's I know are pretty much dorks and I could care less what they think. I like the comfort/ convenience.

respect is earned, not demanded. Usually the guys that make fun of the leather coats are the same ones still wearing their hats thinking people actually "care" about what pilots look like.

i guess the story is a little more funny when i tell it in person.....ha...sorry...i guess the moral of the story is displaced anger......

see, someone who knows.....

as far as the leather jackets go, there have been some outspoken guys that spout the "lack of Professionalism" rant about them, but who the hell cares. Most of the pilot's I know are pretty much dorks and I could care less what they think. I like the comfort/ convenience.

respect is earned, not demanded. Usually the guys that make fun of the leather coats are the same ones still wearing their hats thinking people actually "care" about what pilots look like.

exactly....that was the moral of my story.....

Wow so NWA finally got leather jackets! Let me guess they are paid by the company also right?? Well at least payroll deducted! haha

I think a point is missed here.NWA approved a jacket that cost about 400$ after 40% pay cuts. The same jacket can be imported from our station in BOM for about 95$.

Usually the guys that make fun of the leather coats are the same ones still wearing their hats thinking people actually "care" about what pilots look like.

Duuude yoo are so rong! Wehn ole Ty Guy an me go clubbin and stuff in dat Ellle--Ayyyy-XXXXX chicks be diggin da hat!

Ty Guy sayz dat hiz "special friends" in Cisco luvvem too!

Latest resources

Back