• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Leather Jackets........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the way you fly, your decision making process and the way you interact with your crew determine your training performance, not what you are wearing.

That is just my opinion.

FJ

There are a lot of dorky looking guys hanging around the Pentagon too.

You guys may think that those stupid hats make you look distinguished and in charge, but they really make you look like a dork.

I had to wear a hat for 24+ years, and I thank my lucky stars that I no longer have wear that stupid thing.

FJ

Last edited:
Ok Rez, you have a dress code for the sim. Does it include the uniform? Do you wear your uniform in the sim for a PC? Simple question really.

FJ

My company has training center dress code. I comply.

I dress appropriate for the social/business environement... but for you I wear my hat.... :beer:

I don't think cut off shorts, thong slippers and a wife beater T-shirt is acceptable... do you?

Last edited:
Rez: You would be proud of me, I actually let Fred buy me a hat and a uniform jacket (blouse in military parlance) so that I would project a more "professional" appearance on the picket line in Mempho. Imagine my surprise at the number of FedEx guys who showed up in the leather. I think they looked ok and considering the number of different unis there (think the SW FA) I don't think it really detracted from the effect.

I really bought the hat myself last year for our picketing, but did buy the jacket this year for dress occasions (specifically the picketing for Pinnacle because I had enough uniform allowance left that I needed to use) such as promotions or funerals.

Those are occasions when the "dress" uniform is appropriate in my mind, and I wanted to have a complete one. Took me over 4 years to get the hat and the coat, and never needed either really.

If the airlines would allow a comfortable, easily maintained and easy to clean working uniform (no need for dry cleaning) and save the "dress" uniform for official functions and such they would be much better off. Pilots would be more comfortable, more uniform in appearance, and generally happier with their working conditions.

No need to be walking underneath fuel and hydraulic leaking aircraft in the middle of a snow storm in a "dress" uniform that requires dry cleaning and daily touch ups with an iron.

FJ

No need to be walking underneath fuel and hydraulic leaking aircraft in the middle of a snow storm in a "dress" uniform that requires dry cleaning and daily touch ups with an iron.

FJ

ahh the Boeing.......

Typical of this industry. The place is in shambles and one of your biggest concerns is the leather jackets. Perhaps if some of you were this concerned about your pay and benefits the industry would be a better place. This is why you get no respect from management, it's not because of your fashion skills.

from a very wise person who noticed something about pilots......when they start complaining about silly things and things that do not matter, they more than likely have given up on their job and stopped caring about the things that matter the most......

Latest resources

Back