• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA jumpseaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apparently so, as long as you're not Jetblue.

Zing!

Ok...your point is made. We have a couple of renegade captains that are not playing well with others. Last week I had a JetBlue jumpseater onboard from BOS to MSP. He is one of our furloughed guys, with a recall class date here of March 12th.

He tried to get the jumpseat on the first NWA flight out of BOS, but the captain balked because he was "upset at you JetBlue guys". The jumpseater didn't push the point, or identify himself as a furloughed NWA guy. Instead, he caught my flight (the next one) back home to MSP. He rode up front and described the event.

I tracked the captain down and gave him a call. He sounded embarassed when he learned the pilot he slimed was one of our own. As with a few of our guys, he still has some issues, probably related to trying to find someone (or some group) to blame for the spanking we took in the new contract...and JetBlue seems to be a Target of Opportunity.

Got a problem with a NWA pilot regarding the jumpseat? Call the MEC office at (800) NWA ALPA and have them patch you through to Ron Hay, our Jumpseat Committee Chairman. Either he, or Tom Thornton (ProStan Committee Chair) can usually work it out. At this point, we're in the mop-up phase of the battle...trying to coax the guys hiding up in the hills of Guam that the war is over.

Apparently so, as long as you're not Jetblue.

Or any other airline responsible for the bankruptcy, the snow, Miller High Life, all the pale people in MSP etc etc.

Zing!

Ok...your point is made. We have a couple of renegade captains that are not playing well with others. Last week I had a JetBlue jumpseater onboard from BOS to MSP. He is one of our furloughed guys, with a recall class date here of March 12th.

He tried to get the jumpseat on the first NWA flight out of BOS, but the captain balked because he was "upset at you JetBlue guys". The jumpseater didn't push the point, or identify himself as a furloughed NWA guy. Instead, he caught my flight (the next one) back home to MSP. He rode up front and described the event.

I tracked the captain down and gave him a call. He sounded embarassed when he learned the pilot he slimed was one of our own. As with a few of our guys, he still has some issues, probably related to trying to find someone (or some group) to blame for the spanking we took in the new contract...and JetBlue seems to be a Target of Opportunity.

Got a problem with a NWA pilot regarding the jumpseat? Call the MEC office at (800) NWA ALPA and have them patch you through to Ron Hay, our Jumpseat Committee Chairman. Either he, or Tom Thornton (ProStan Committee Chair) can usually work it out. At this point, we're in the mop-up phase of the battle...trying to coax the guys hiding up in the hills of Guam that the war is over.

So it's only a mistake, because the jb jumpseater was once one of your own?

Esadmf

So it's only a mistake, because the jb jumpseater was once one of your own?
Get over yourself already. Someone points out that most of the NWA pilots are trying to fix the problem and you sh@t on him for it. The fact that it WAS one of their own just served to magnify how ridiculous the problem is. If that's what it takes for the renegades to see the light then I'm for it. Sh@t on the guys that are the problem, not on the guys actually doing something about it. :rolleyes:

Get over yourself already. Someone points out that most of the NWA pilots are trying to fix the problem and you sh@t on him for it. The fact that it WAS one of their own just served to magnify how ridiculous the problem is. If that's what it takes for the renegades to see the light then I'm for it. Sh@t on the guys that are the problem, not on the guys actually doing something about it. :rolleyes:

Not so much old man. Just asked a question, no sh@t in sight. But boy I can bring some if you want?

Besides, me and Occam go way back.

And hell, it's still a valid question for all. I personally pray for a jumpseater war. Then maybe we'll get a union at jb. How's that for irony?

(And no I'm not serious. On which point though?)

Chef,

It was a pilot trying to get home. Period.

My brother-in-cloth had his hackles up about JetBlue pilots, and I indicated to him that many of them are furloughed from other airlines. In this instance specifically, he was acting like a hardass to a pilot that would soon be flying with him!

It was an effort to personalize the situation, not define further divisions. It made no difference if the guy was furloughed NWA or not...but it helped get this captain to understand the problem with being an extremist on jumpseat issues.

Latest resources

Back