NWA jumpseaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bavarian,

You aren't that gay dude that dates a flight attendent at Jetblue are you? I think he flew F-14s if I remember correctly.

No, you mean F/A-18s. The gay dude was a Blue Angel, Admiral's son.

That made me laugh though. My wife knows that I don't date flight attendants. Dating implies sleeping with them more than once.

OK...I'm Old

So did you fly an F-4 in MS Flight Simulator than, son? 'Cause eleven years ago makes you old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-4_Phantom_II
OK...I'm old. I'll give you that one; however, you may want to check your facts. The Silver Lobos (of which I was a member in the 80s when they were still at George AFB) were still flying the F-4 at Holloman until Dec 2004.
http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123009465
I'd submit you are no spring chicken either with the turkey buzzard in your repertoire BOY. I gunned more that a few of them in the F-4 and the F-16. I will admit that I retired from the AF before the navy retired the F-14 though. Cheers Sonny.:beer:

Unlimited Jumpseats?

NWA Mainline Folks,

Have the jumpseat sections of your Jepps been changed? I've heard these rumors before and most of the NWA Captains I ask about it look in their Jepp and it still says 2 offline jumpseaters (as of a few weeks ago). Also, has this gone out to the gate agents? There a couple of "challenging" agents in Mem I hope get the word. Any POC I can contact or refer one of the agents to?

Thx.

from the NWA ALPA site:

https://crewroom.alpa.org/NWAMEC/De...View.aspx?itemid=6599&ModuleId=5044&Tabid=760

Monday, January 29, 2007
In This Hotline:
Unlimited Cabin Jumpseats

The following is an update from MEC Jumpseat & Employee Travel Committee Chairman Ron Hay.
Effective Wednesday Jan. 31, Northwest Airlines will change its jumpseat policy to that of an
“unlimited” one. This means we will be permitted to accommodate as many offline jumpseaters as
there are empty seats in the cabin. If there are empty cabin seats after all passengers are boarded,
including both revenue and non-revenue passengers, then these empty seats can be occupied by as
many jumpseaters as have requested a jumpseat. This policy is in effect for both domestic and
international flights.

The rules for eligibility have not changed; a pilot must still be on our approved list and comply with
all FOM requirements. As always, only CASS approved pilots are permitted to ride in the cockpit.
A company wide FIF will also be issued to inform you of the change to this policy. A completely
rewritten FOM policy will soon be in your mailbox. This change will incorporate the new policy as
well as clarify some common questions.

The carriers that are on our approved jumpseat list have been notified. All of these carriers have
agreed to reciprocate this policy with the exception of one. The one carrier that will not be able to
meet this date for a change is American Airlines. ALPA asks that all American pilots be extended
this new policy on NWA while the issues with their company are worked through.
If you have any questions please contact the MEC Jumpseat & Employee Travel Committee via the
ALPA website or at [email protected] .

NWA Mainline Folks,

Have the jumpseat sections of your Jepps been changed? I've heard these rumors before and most of the NWA Captains I ask about it look in their Jepp and it still says 2 offline jumpseaters (as of a few weeks ago). Also, has this gone out to the gate agents? There a couple of "challenging" agents in Mem I hope get the word. Any POC I can contact or refer one of the agents to?

Thx.

Just tell them to look at the FIFs at the end of the release paperwork. Supposed to stay in there for a couple of months.

I hear ya bro, I just don't want to see a js war, nobody benefits but mgmt!
You guys have an awsome js policy, and if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't. I just don't want to see it get all f'd up!

Actually Bavarian is correct in his wish for a js-war. I would like to see one too. It would get us a union instantly and this outfit would finally understand that its pilots are indeed the most important asset, not f/a's, gate agents, res. agents etc. etc. The "we are all equal" crap would cease and we would get some respect back.

well said

Well said.... I'm sorry for the state of things in the industry, but I think that the majority of us are not pointing fingers at other pilots. I always welcome others who jumpseat on us... I also appreciate the nice treatment that I've had on many other airlines... and I've experienced bad treatment also... there are all kinds out there.

Zing!

Ok...your point is made. We have a couple of renegade captains that are not playing well with others. Last week I had a JetBlue jumpseater onboard from BOS to MSP. He is one of our furloughed guys, with a recall class date here of March 12th.

He tried to get the jumpseat on the first NWA flight out of BOS, but the captain balked because he was "upset at you JetBlue guys". The jumpseater didn't push the point, or identify himself as a furloughed NWA guy. Instead, he caught my flight (the next one) back home to MSP. He rode up front and described the event.

I tracked the captain down and gave him a call. He sounded embarassed when he learned the pilot he slimed was one of our own. As with a few of our guys, he still has some issues, probably related to trying to find someone (or some group) to blame for the spanking we took in the new contract...and JetBlue seems to be a Target of Opportunity.

Got a problem with a NWA pilot regarding the jumpseat? Call the MEC office at (800) NWA ALPA and have them patch you through to Ron Hay, our Jumpseat Committee Chairman. Either he, or Tom Thornton (ProStan Committee Chair) can usually work it out. At this point, we're in the mop-up phase of the battle...trying to coax the guys hiding up in the hills of Guam that the war is over.

Thx

IAFlyer,

Thanks for the info above, great news.

Latest resources

Back