• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA flow back into compass.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Assuming this guy just makes guarantee (68 hours) at NWA he currently makes right around $9800/month. Me thinks he was pulling your leg. I do agree though that there is little reason to stay when you can make just as much in retirement as you can working.

I mistyped. He makes $11,000 now and would make $8,000 if he retired.

What gives you the idea I work for NWA, Sherlock? Um, maybe my profile???

You "see" we would speed the process up, huh... source for that bit of wisdom? Clue:you ain't a source.

Delta deal not going through? Another epiphany from the all knowing WSurf? You better clean off your crystal ball, it's a bit cloudy. Here's a clue...no announcement on a deal or no deal yet. It may or may not happen, but one thing is sure-YOU DON'T KNOW(unless you are on either negoc. committee, which is unlikely).

You're sorry that I work for NWA, huh. Let me enlighten you, it's a good group of pilots here. I'm in a great position, and I'm HAPPY...merger or not. Not saying things can't improve, but not a bad place to hang my hat.

How's life in the Dash 8? Who do you work for again, is it Mesa or some other quality outfit that flies the dash? Oh, just saw the small print on your avtar. Sorry-Piedmont-another quality regional. Maybe if you're lucky you can work your way up to Airways and fly the E-190.

You're clueless because you're spouting off about things you have no info on, I guess that's just the norm on FI.

Now that's entertainment at its best.... LOL

Just goes to show you have no clue. What's the matter, can't back statements in your posts. I guess it's hard since there are no facts in your post. Pitiful.

Dude, half the post on this board are not facts. If you want hard facts maybe you should try www.iamadorkpilotiwantfacts.com

Easy on the sauce, take a deep breath and you'll be okay. You my friend are too easy to get worked up. Kinda funny however.

90% of the post on this board are peoples opinions. If an opionion gets you that worked up, oh well. Maybe you need more time with the same or oposite sex.

Last edited:
With gas prices going out of control I would doubt that the gas guzzling DC-9's will be around by Summers end.

If that happens, then you can start worrying about a flowback.

boring :rolleyes:!! another non-fact based opinion from someone who is not familiar or part of the companies in question.

Dude, half the post on this board are not facts. If you want hard facts maybe you should try www.iamadorkpilotiwantfacts.com

Easy on the sauce, take a deep breath and you'll be okay. You my friend are too easy to get worked up. Kinda funny however.

90% of the post on this board are peoples opinions. If an opionion gets you that worked up, oh well. Maybe you need more time with the same or oposite sex.

Dude, I just corrected your original post. Your the one that got worked up. You make no sense, I just called you on it.

I have no problem with opinions on this board. What's funny is that you have no stake in what happens at Compass or NWA yet you had to chime in with stupidity.

For anyone else who cares, Compass seems like a good deal. Flowbacks are obviously a possibility but in my OPINION unlikely. Also, NWA pilots seem to want flow-ups. I think it has the potential to work, unlike Eagle or other past flow-up bait to solicit new regional pilots. Please learn from people like WSurf, you can look very stupid when you have no clue about things you post (which also goes for numerous others on FI). I guess it's good they're anonymous, their stupidity is only reflected on FI. Now that's some funny sh!t, WSurf!

P.S. sorry to disappoint you but...I love women(except fat ones)!

Last edited:
First off, whats wrong with saying that NW will park DC9's at a faster rate if fuel goes thru the roof? How did you call me out on that??????? Just a simple statement, by a simple person. It either happens or it doesn't.

Second, I never said Compass was a bad deal. And if I did say Comass was a bad deal, where was my quote????? (maybe you should think before you post, or qoute others) I think Comapss is a great model, and more majors should do it. (US Airways and MidAtlantic tried it, but failed on our side. Finicial Reasons of course. But a mainline carrier operating its own express is a good deal for everyone (Usually).

You son are the one that made my simple statement more than what it was. Go back and read my post. I kinda understand whats going on now. I made that simple post about NW, fuel keeps going up then theres a chance they will start parking DC9's at a faster rate. You are on the DC9 and of course this statement hits home for you. That must be why you got all worked up. Sorry, my statement sent you over the edge to call me uninformed and stupid. It wasn't a personal attack on you and your airplane and sorry if it made you feel that.

You can also go back and read all your opionions that you shared with people from different airlines. Just becasue I fly for Piedmont, means I can't comment on Eagle, AirTran, NW, Delta.... or even bash Mesa. Now that is funny.

Please son, don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun.

Last edited:
First off, whats wrong with saying that NW will park DC9's at a faster rate if fuel goes thru the roof? How did you call me out on that??????? Just a simple statement, by a simple person. It either happens or it doesn't.

Second, I never said Compass was a bad deal. And if I did say Comass was a bad deal, where was my quote????? (maybe you should think before you post, or qoute others) I think Comapss is a great model, and more majors should do it. (US Airways and MidAtlantic tried it, but failed on our side. Finicial Reasons of course. But a mainline carrier operating its own express is a good deal for everyone (Usually).

You son are the one that made my simple statement more than what it was. Go back and read my post. I kinda understand whats going on now. I made that simple post about NW, fuel keeps going up then theres a chance they will start parking DC9's at a faster rate. You are on the DC9 and of course this statement hits home for you. That must be why you got all worked up. Sorry, my statement sent you over the edge to call me uninformed and stupid. It wasn't a personal attack on you and your airplane and sorry if it made you feel that.

You can also go back and read all your opionions that you shared with people from different airlines. Just becasue I fly for Piedmont, means I can't comment on Eagle, AirTran, NW, Delta.... or even bash Mesa. Now that is funny.

Please son, don't throw rocks at a man with a machine gun.

Listen son, unless I took your post out of context, it was a cheap shot at NWA and/or Compass. I don't mind the shot, if it were true, but your opinion was stupid and I called you on it. At least 2 others, Viper and Superpilot, thought your post was wrong.

Second reason you're and idiot...About Compass, where did I quote you? I was getting back to the original topic for those that were interested.

Third...where are these posts you talk about? I absolutely have my opinions, base on facts and not thin air. I have no problem with opinions on this board. That is what it's for. Yours was just so far off, on a subject you know nothing about, so I corrected you.

I can handle "machine guns" tough guy. You're pathetic!

Listen son, unless I took your post out of context, it was a cheap shot at NWA and/or Compass. I don't mind the shot, if it were true, but your opinion was stupid and I called you on it. At least 2 others, Viper and Superpilot, thought your post was wrong.

Second reason you're and idiot...About Compass, where did I quote you? I was getting back to the original topic for those that were interested.

Third...where are these posts you talk about? I absolutely have my opinions, base on facts and not thin air. I have no problem with opinions on this board. That is what it's for. Yours was just so far off, on a subject you know nothing about, so I corrected you.

I can handle "machine guns" tough guy. You're pathetic!
People on this board tend to try to justify their career decisions by putting down others who do something different. People also tend to turn against a company that did not hire them. Pocono is the perfect example of this.
Wsurf may be perfectly content being in a dash-8 for the rest of his career. That's fine, he's trying to justify his decision by bashing those going to NWA or Compass.

I would rather be furloughed from NWA than stay in a turboprop making $60K for the rest of my career. Yeah, there's a lot of risk associated with leaving the top of the seniority list at a regional to be at the bottom of the list at a major. There are many reasons for staying put in a job where you have decent seniority but you're never gonna get anywhere in this industry unless you take a risk every now and then.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back