• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA F/A's reject offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately, people have been led to believe that they really aren't worth what they use to be paid. The huge amount of people willing to fly for pennies probably hasn't helped, but like many industries, the big airlines decided they were going to go for it ALL. They were going to have connections to all big cities, flights to all national and international destinations, and somehow be the "best" at everything, and make a huge profit to please their shareholders (the only people that matter in this world)

But we have seen that it doesnt work that way. speciality companies like jetblue, airtran, swa, etc all are doing a great job getting a smaller market share, and concentrating on certain types of flying. thats probably why swa isnt rushing to fly international or to hawaii. these huge companies thought they could all own the world, and they failed. their management is at fault, but now they are putting the blame on the people who always get it, the workers.

I dont know what to say about all these situations, because an industry wide strike would probably never happen, but people need to stand up for themselves.

dbrownie said:
Oh by the way next time you want to post personal imfo about me I would appreciate you asking my permision. Why didn't you post my employee # with my ssn#?

DB, yeah, I tend to agree... That was pretty weak on 320's part...

Workin'Stiff said:
DB, yeah, I tend to agree... That was pretty weak on 320's part...

Workin'Stiff;

It looks like the moderator thought so too since he was nice enough
to edit 320's post.

He should be given some time off.

The scary part is how far will someone like him take this stuff, I don't
know who he is. He could be a chief pilot's web board rat! Or maybe a Mgr
at NWA.

Perhaps he prefers to hide behind his key board with his capt hat on
and tell us all how smart he is.

How low will people go?

I take the posting of personal data on a National web board as a threat.

discusted,
Dave B

Sadly, this is what has become of the once proud nwa pilot group.

Yeah, I know what you mean... There are plenty of ways to find yourself out on the street these days... Lets not help each other out with it...

DTW320 said:
Ohhhhhh I see...your 116k is not from flying for Eagle. It's a combined income from Eagle plus 2 businesses. Cute how you conveniently left that part out when you were trying to convince us how life is "Not bad for a loser flying toys around". I have a company on the side myself. If I were to play your game and represent my COMBINED income as my AIRLINE income then I guess I should say that here at NWA I'm still making Delta's pre-CH11 $$$. Not bad for a guy flying around in a disposable French airplane huh?

So which is it? Are you talking network or contract? You tell me its contract-wise but then your extreme insecurity kicks in and you have to try to impress me with details of your EMJ empire. ORD-NAS in an EMJ. Wow. I hope Bud, Edna and the kids got a good deal on those tickets to put up with that flight. That gets the ol vacation off to a great start.

I can assure you that even with our concessions this job is still light years ahead of most regional jobs. I've been there and I have friends that are still there. I noticed you declined to provide the line by line comparison of relevant contract sections I asked for. Just a lot easier to throw stones isn't it?
Oh, so NOW my contract is TOO GOOD? In my book more time off = more good. According to you I'm busy putting nails in a coffin but now I have too much time off? Your hilarious.
Your ignorance is showing again. NWA is asking the BK judge to implement our TA if he does not grant NWA their 1113c motion against the F/A's. If he DOES toss the F/A's contract then our TA goes into effect anyway. I don't know any NWA pilot that knew the TA would not be implemented right away if it passed. This "not until all groups have settled" clause down in the fine print surprised me and most others.

I hope the F/As succeed too. I have no idea what you mean about the MEC making up the difference and "insure" ing dreams. You're rambling again.

Bottom line eagle: no matter how much you like throwing turds, you and your eagle buds would take our, "ahem", contract over yours in a heartbeat. I flew with guys like you a lot at my regional. Guys that had zero chance to go anywhere else and bent over backwards in their attempts to convince others that their deal was better than going to a bigger airline. They loved to point out where the legacies had taken a hit but NEVER wanted to compare the legacies concessionary contracts to their own current regional contract.

Thanks!! I will. You too.

Apparently you don't see too well (don't tell that to your AME). If you reread my last comments more closely, you'll note that is in ADDITION to my flight pay, so nothing was "misrepresented".

Did you read your new contract with as much care ?

I don't care whether it is a "disposable" french airplane or a banged up rickety 1967 DC-9-30 with coffee grinder radios. Money is money.

The CRJ-700 does ORD-NAS. As far as the ORD EMJ folks go, it only goes as far as JAX and PNS. DFW hits Mexico pretty good and al the way up to MKE and the northeast.

It seems "Edna and the kids" only care about the cheapest fares and the most flexable frequency, which is why they come back even after a lot of grumbling about comfort - welcome to the Walmart world of the airline industry.

I know it feels good to label me a loser and "turd thrower". Heard it all before. Many from punks who whined about arrogant major airline pilots when they were at regionals and then flipped the minute they crossed over to the "dream".

The mirror does bad things to one disposed to delusions of grandeur.

Again, I hope you fly safely whether in your current seat or the compass regional that will be 50% of your domestic market within 5 years (if you float that long). Should you then find yourself as a 100-seat RJ captain topped out at say $100 bucks an hour (with your pension the REAL turd) THEN you can call me a hopeless and talentless loser...........................

Just remember to call yourself the same thing.

BTW, give my regards to the homies in Inkster.

Last edited:
320AV8R said:
OK..... so it's the union's fault. What about non-union carriers, like JetBlue, that began operations with pilot salaries way below what their counterparts at the Legacies were earning?320AV8R

Do you shop at Wal-Mart? Broker with Ameritrade or Schwab? Drive 10 more miles to save 5 cents a gallon of gas? Frequent Sam's or CostCo? Best Buy? Office Depot? Do you buy stuff online to avoid taxes (and sometimes shipping costs as well)?

dang this free market economy sucks.

(edit: forgot one. ship stuff with fedex? no knock to the fedex bubbas, but the pilots are the only ones in a union.)

Last edited:
Again, I hope you fly safely whether in your current seat or the compass regional that will be 50% of your domestic market within 5 years (if you float that long). Should you then find yourself as a 100-seat RJ captain topped out at say $100 bucks an hour (with your pension the REAL turd) THEN you can call me a hopeless and talentless loser...........................

I think you should be worried about your eyesight because you obviously have not read our TA. If you had you would realize that your little prediction is not possible. But you knew that little man.

BTW, give my regards to the homies in Inkster.

Whatever that means eagle dude. Fascinating little world you live in there.

dbrownie said:
Workin'Stiff;

It looks like the moderator thought so too since he was nice enough
to edit 320's post.

He should be given some time off.

The scary part is how far will someone like him take this stuff, I don't
know who he is. He could be a chief pilot's web board rat! Or maybe a Mgr
at NWA.

Perhaps he prefers to hide behind his key board with his capt hat on
and tell us all how smart he is.

How low will people go?

I take the posting of personal data on a National web board as a threat.

discusted,
Dave B

Sadly, this is what has become of the once proud nwa pilot group.
Time off from flightinfo? And that would be a bad thing?

Mr. Brownie: (don't want to get personal so I won't use your real name like you do here) You must be easily threatened. How low will people go? You obviously haven't been reading many posts here.

How negative will people go?

Remember, you don't have to be part of the "once proud NWA pilot group". This is a free country.

DTW320 said:
Remember, you don't have to be part of the "once proud NWA pilot group". This is a free country.

Should this be understood as "if you don't like it here...quit"?

Latest resources

Back