NWA Employees Now Dumpster Diving?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear70 said:
Personally, this doesn't come as that big of a shock. They have already turned every work group at NWA into a blue-collar job rather than the white-collar career it WAS; it's no surprise they should start treating you like a blue collar worker.

Who you callin' "white collar"?

I drive a 'bus for an hourly rate. I may not punch a time card (since we use ACARS), but I am clearly "Labor" [Note: Captial "L"). I pee in a bottle because the DOT makes me. My CEO doesn't. I don't need the phylum, family, genus, species, or whatever with the title "white collar" to validate who I am or what level of satisfaction I take from doing my job. I'm proud of my profession and my approach to my job reflects that pride.

I don't run the company. I don't know how to run the company. I don't mind that I don't run the company. I can be "blue collar" while wearing a white shirt and not have it hurt my ego.

Lear70 said:
To the NWA F/A's: STFD !!

To Lear70: MYOB!

Incredibly insulting. AFA should've started CHAOS immediately upon receipt, hard and heavy. IMO ALPA should call for a nationwide SOS just to wake these jackasses up. Never have I seen such an insulting, stupid item in print. They take millions and stiff dozens of business and then suggest this to their employees, amazing.

I'd love to see everyone send a bag of trash to these idiots at their home and workplace. I'd also love to see uniformed crewmembers searching the trash in terminals nationwide and then put out posters and USA Today ads explaining why people are seeing this.

Incredibly insulting, and I don't have any ties to NWA whatsoever.

Occam's Razor said:
I drive a 'bus for an hourly rate. I may not punch a time card (since we use ACARS), but I am clearly "Labor" [Note: Captial "L"). I pee in a bottle because the DOT makes me. My CEO doesn't. I don't need the phylum, family, genus, species, or whatever with the title "white collar" to validate who I am or what level of satisfaction I take from doing my job. I'm proud of my profession and my approach to my job reflects that pride.
Was your "yes" vote another reflection of your pride in your profession?

You think blue collar, you get blue collar treatment. If you like it, please post pictures here of your dumpster diving, should be highly entertaining.

To Lear70: MYOB!
To Occam: KMFA!

So NWA joins the ranks of "scumbag" airlines. Christ, not even mesa encourages people to do that! What an f-ing joke this industry is. I hope all airline managers reap what the sow eventually.

Could NWA management be playing pschological war fare on their employees? Its almost as if they're egging everybody on so that they can blame it on the employees when they decide to do a major transaction.

The games are already startin. Last week, we had a generator not come on line and had to return to the gate. Pax stayed on baord. Mechanic showed up and after 25 minutes decided to MEL it and then it had to be started to disconnect the CSD.

Mechanic " Captain, I should be ready to get you start clearance in a minute."

Capt- "I am not getting paid right now, I am not starting any engine"

Mech -"But, I am not allowed to start it with passengers on board"

Capt - "So, your point is?"

Mech - " we will have to deplane everyone and take a longer delay"

Capt -" Well, How long do you think that would take, along with the engine run?

Mech - "Probably 30 minutes"

Capt - "See ya in 30 minutes"

He got up and walked off. Beautiful.

What a bunch of arrogant pr!cks.

Dan Barreiro on KFAN Minneapolis is ripping Northwest about it. :) Very funny!

Lear70 said:
Was your "yes" vote another reflection of your pride in your profession?

Nah...it was risk management. I chose the option that afforded me the greatest control. I do that in the cockpit too. Seems most of the pilots I work with did the same thing.

Lear70 said:
You think blue collar, you get blue collar treatment.

That's profound! If I think of you painting my house, will that happen?

Lear70 said:
If you like it, please post pictures here of your dumpster diving, should be highly entertaining.

I actually have a few! A few Marine buddies and I "recovered" 3 pick-up truck loads of scrap lumber from a dumpster at the local high school after they had torn the sets down from a musical they did last Fall. We used the scrap to build a dog house for my bud, and two deer stands for all of us in Northern Minnesota. The caption we put on one of them (with my buddy in the dumpster, peering over the edge) was, "Hey look! Somebody threw a perfectly good pilot away!" Great stuff!

I think the joking about NWA's misguided "advice" is funny, but I'm smart enough to understand that it was a result of poor wording, and not the slam that the jokesters will make of it (me included!). My kids came home from school every year with flyers reminding all of us to recycle, reduce, and reuse. Woodsy Owl and other goofy cartoon characters on TV have been telling us to reuse stuff for years. When I was a kid I tossed pop cans in the garbage along with everything else. Do that today and my kids are barking at me like I'm the one responsible for global warming!

I've used stuff from "the dump". It was blast to root through the junk at the dump when I was a kid. I don't think it's beneath me to reuse things others have discarded...even if I do think it was stupid of NWA to publish the suggestion the way they did.

Lear70 said:
To Occam: KMFA!

"Kill My Fairy A$$"?

Yikes! Why? I think you should be comfortable with your aberrant sexual preference! Act Up!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back