• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA DC-9's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow. Like bell bottoms and leisure suits, fuel has become so expensive, the DC-9 is back in style.

Always thought I was in style, thanks for confirming it.:D

I found over the years the original nine seats were the most comfortable (if maintained) over the newer 80's or any Boeing seat. Plus you could carry on a normal conversation without shouting.;)

I don't buy in to all this "hiring by the end of the year". We will be lucky if there are no furloughs on either side, before or after the SLI is complete.

If we get more 90's (still rumor), the 700's, and the 777's by the end of the 1st Q 09, they will have to park lots more airframes than have already been announced to generate the need for furloughs. I think the DAL side is still staffed very lean as it is and I assume the NWA side is also. If we can get a joint contract lined up so the NWA guys get DAL workrules I've heard that requires an immediate need for 300-400 pilots. I'm not going to say furloughs are not going to happen, but I think it is an unlikely scenario at least for the next two years.

Ok, big shot. What part of that statement made you assume that I was saying that it would be flown by regional pilots? Why then, the incredibly stupid reply?

Doesn't Delta operate all the gates at ATL? Couldn't a Delta plane park at any gate?

That was the computer being left on with me still logged in, haha.

Disregard!

You mean like the numerous "yet to be hired" DAL pilots that DALPA wants to have on the list prior to combining the lists?

Or the other one that had NWAALPA placing bottom 3000 pilots on the new seniority list from the DAL side?

Come on man, rumor control, it got us nowhere but throwing mud at each other and was really unproductive.....Let's cut it out and just focus on trying to get a joint contract and put the "rumor mill" behind us!

That must be one slow boat from China.

Isn't that the truth. I swear they are just dangling those out there to keep the rumor going. SLC based CA I rode with the other day said they were still talking about them at a crew room meeting.

Heard that the DC-9 will fit in the RJ jetway gate boxes being constructed at ATL concourse C.

as far as a real response to this, haha.....

It definitely looks like the 9 will fit in those. They are spaced out alot wider than one would have expected.

The word from the DAL schoolhouse is that the fellow that rationalized the DAL network in bankruptcy (stoped flying a lot of widebodies domestically, and shipped them to international,) is looking over the NWA fleet and schedule, and believes many of their aircraft are seriously under-utilized. It wouldn't surprise me to have the 9's deployed on current routes running a high frequency of pakced RJ's, as someone else mentioned.

Thus far I've been impressed with the way DAL management is navigating this downturn. If plans remain as they are, I don't think anyone under the DAL/NWA umbrella will have to endure a furlough - and I think the management is planning on the economy and fuel getting worse before it gets better. Not to say that plans couldn't change, or that you shouldn't have a plan B - but as of right now, a furlough looks unlikely.

Latest resources

Back