NWA/DAL what's the sentiment?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PuffDriver

I'd call it right down the middle right now, with a possible majority of yea. I have not been at work all that much though. What's the skinny over in red land?

Its more than likely a yes on the NWA side. This is a great opportunity to bring our great companies together and unify our pilot groups. This will avoid a USAIR mess which is good for ALL of us.

I think most of the chest thumping is calming down and its nice to see our MECs working together proactively for us. I look forward to working together to make this a great airline for all of us. :beer:

I think it will pass on the DL side. It is pretty tough to negotiate for more when the economy is down the tubes and oil is at record highs. Overall, I think the combined company will be stronger than the 2 seperate companies had they stayed on their own.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Whats the latest on hiring or furloughing? Talked to a buddy who got hired in Feb, he says he's either gonna be furloughed or have quite a few new hires below him. Is it up in the air right now depending which way oil goes?

Whats the latest on hiring or furloughing? Talked to a buddy who got hired in Feb, he says he's either gonna be furloughed or have quite a few new hires below him. Is it up in the air right now depending which way oil goes?

OIL will be the key IMHO. Let hope its keeps heading down. Fingers crossed ;)

Good question. I don't really know what is going on over there at NWA, but I have heard they are getting rid of 10 757s, 4 A319s, and 3 742s. We haven't heard of any furloughs or parkings on the Delta side, and are currently getting new airplanes, with the first couple 737-700s coming this month, with a total of 7 coming this year (3 more minimum next year). We will get one new 777LR on Dec 31st of this year, and then 7 more next year. Each one of those 777LRs needs 38 pilots to properly crew it (long flights with 2 Captains and 2 FOs per flight).

I thought we were going to hire this Fall, but now I have heard (on this board) that we might bring in some of the potential NWA furloughs on the bottom of our list, since our certificates will not be merged by the FAA for at least 8-12 months, and nobody can go from side to side without an indoc etc at the other airline. Also, I don't know how that would work with seniority, either. So, that's all I have heard.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Based on past votes...

FWIW, when the "scuttlebutt" indicates a TA vote will be close, it will pass easily. The "no" voters tend to say so early, and the "yes" voters are quieter.

I thought we were going to hire this Fall, but now I have heard (on this board) that we might bring in some of the potential NWA furloughs on the bottom of our list, since our certificates will not be merged by the FAA for at least 8-12 months, and nobody can go from side to side without an indoc etc at the other airline. Also, I don't know how that would work with seniority, either. So, that's all I have heard.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

So if that does happen would the NWA furloughees who transfer over be considered Delta pilots at SLI integration time and get relative seniority. That would be a great way to get ahead of our brothers here at NWA. HA HA HA

Its more than likely a yes on the NWA side. This is a great opportunity to bring our great companies together and unify our pilot groups. This will avoid a USAIR mess which is good for ALL of us.

I think most of the chest thumping is calming down and its nice to see our MECs working together proactively for us. I look forward to working togetherto make this a great airline for all of us. :beer:

I agree with Superpilot. NWA pilots are now supporting the merger as the parity issue is taken care of. Our position has been very consistent. Now, we hope the SLI issue can be negotiated without arbitration.

In the current industry conditions, this will be a good deal. Looking from a pilot's perspective, NWA pilots can share in DAL's extensive European and Latin American flying. DAL pilots can share in NWA's extensive Asian network and cargo flying.

The latest NWA rumors talk about expanding the cargo business. New routes cargo routes to Atlanta and beyond are in the talks. With a combined cargo operation, DAL can accept more Euro-US freight, Euro-Asian freight and US-Asia freight.

All in all, unified, we will be a much stronger airline. It is time to stop internal bickering and move towards that common goal.

Last edited:
Could be my first no vote at DAL.
It`s the LENGTH of the contract that`s a killer for me.
Realistically it would mean 2015 before an amended contract.

Latest resources

Back